Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the name of better mpg's and lower egt's, will a 3535 aeroturbine replacement and the stock 3.5" piping be good enough, or will upgrading the entire system to 4" make enough of a difference to warrent the extra $$$?

Also while i'm asking a newbish question...: there are countless threads regarding the inability of cai's to add any more power over the stock system for under 450hp rigs; however, will adding one in a near stock truck help with my search for better mpg's?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input and patience:thumbsup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much everyone on here who is running or has run one of these units recommends them; however, i'm wondering about it's application in the context of a 3.5" setup. Everyone with the factory 4" diameter seems to simply upgrade the muffler with great success, but if i do that with my 3.5" setup will i just be pissing my money away. Keep in mind i'm really one after mpg's and lower egt's.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump:confused013:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^:thumbsup:^^^

the cheapo in me likes the sound of that. it will be much easier to justify a simple muffler re and re.

Are these Aero mufflers better than straight piping in terms of flow since they claim to "acclerate" the removal of exhaust gasses?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts