Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Am Looking To Do Something Different I Would Like To Get A 5" And Have It Exit In Front Of The Rear Wheel And Still Run A Muffler. Is This Possible? Any Insight On How To Acheive This? Any Kits? Any Pics From Those That Have Done It? Cant Have A Shop Do It Since No One Can Bend 5" Pipe...thanks For Any Help...also I Need A New Down Pipe To Eliminate My Cat. So Id Be Starting From Scratch

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
A muffler shop could probably make you a custom one but you will have soot all over the side of your truck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
it can be easily done.. i doubt there is any kits... you just need to custom fabricate it.. me and a buddy did duals on his truck with 5 inch pipe... started from the flange on the turbo and just fabricated everything from scratch all the way back to the dual tips

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
i did mine myself, i went to a big rig scrap yard and got all the tubing i needed even the 5 inch stack, it is possible to have a muffler i just diddnt want one

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i did mine myself, i went to a big rig scrap yard and got all the tubing i needed even the 5 inch stack, it is possible to have a muffler i just diddnt want one

YOU HAVE ANY OUTSIDE PICS?? THIS IS WHAT I WANT BUT I WANT A 4" DOWNPIPE AND ALL STAINLESS...AND HOW DOES IT SOUND?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I cut my pipe from the front of the back axle to the back. used the bend that went over the axle as my delete pipe and ran the exhaust out in front of my rear right tire. Did it myself at a friends shop and it was all free .:thumbsup now everyone at my school stole me idea :lol3:
i eventually took it in to the shop and got a nice piece of piping but i imagine you could use the same technique with the muffler.

·
Registered
262 Posts
cut a hole and run a pipe straight up :lol3:

·
Registered
179 Posts
A 5" 90* Elbow from a truck shop is any where from $36+
All you'll have to do is get a 5" straight pipe like Gododge has.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Looks cool and all but you'll get soot all over the side of your truck which isn't worth it IMO.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
it sounds great accept i get a really deep note in the cab right before it hits 2,000 rpm heres some outside pics. and oh yeah i have a 4 inch downpipe too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts