Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which exhaust tip can i put on my truck that will not change color from the regen?

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
You can order a RBP (rollin big power) black powder coated tip from them.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
you can probably get it cheaper from somebody else, RBP buys everybody elses stuff and puts there label on it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
magnaflow tips are pretty tough, might want to check them out too.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
regen gets your temp up to around 1400 degrees. Now i have not had a regen in some time but I have hit EGT's much higher then that and my tip has not changed colors. I do have a MagnaFlow tip. But unless you have experience this first hand I can not believe that the Tip will change color due to heat from the regen process. Stainless steal will change with heat. You should see my down pipe and the rest to the muffler delete. It has changed colors but beyond the muffler delete it has not change colors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have a mbrp double wall 6'' and it hasnt changed in the last 20k miles

·
Registered
634 Posts
You need the double wall tip. I have just a 5in stainless single wall tip and it turned yellow within the first week it was on. It still looks better than the factory tailpipe.

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Dont mean to hijack but my 2nd gens tip has changed colors .........Is she gettin too hot or just a cheap tip?:thud:

·
Banned
706 Posts
My is rainbow colored, uhhhh wait a minute, not that type of rainbow!:kill:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had the MBRP filter-back exhaust and everything changed colors. The pipe turned a brown color and the tip turned goldish-brown. Piece O Poop! It was the double wall tip even.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I had the MBRP filter-back exhaust and everything changed colors. The pipe turned a brown color and the tip turned goldish-brown. Piece O Poop! It was the double wall tip even.
You can use Eagle One Wire Wheel Cleaner on the tips to take away the Golding. Well at least when we have that issue with our tips thats what we suggest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts