Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into an exhaust system (5” TB) and right now its between MBRP and Magnaflow. I don't want it to be much louder than stock when I'm cruising and no drone. When I do put my foot into it I want to hear turbo whistle. From the sound clips I've heard it sounds like the 4" systems have more turbo whistle than the 5". I've heard about Motoblue and FBD systems, but I would like to hear these systems. If anyone could post some sound clips I would appreciate it and any recommendations would be great as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would recommend fbd exhaust it a great exhaust and it will make some noise when u get on it. I love mine and it was a bolt on kit real easy to install and also at a great price dont have any sound clips for ya thou.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
:welcome: This past Friday I had the Magnaflow 5" TBE installed. I was worried about in cab noise at first as well. Luckily it sounds great and the in cab noise is nothing to worry about. My wife can even tolerate it:lol3:. It is all stainless steel and comes w/6" ss tip that looks great. I'm very happy with it:thumbsup. It also deletes the Cat and replaces the muffler with a straight thru muffler/resonator that takes out the loud drone. I don't have a sound clip but I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Forgot to mention, if you want that great turbo whistle, get a cold air intake. It will increase the sound to your liking. I got a K&N filter but preferences are a dime-a-dozen around here. But any intake will give you a great turbo sound as long as you replace the box and tube (stage II).

·
Registered
520 Posts
you want the turbo whistle ? The answer is the AFE Stage 2 mega cannon

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
k&N filters are bad news due to the factory over oiling where the oil gets sucked into the turbo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts