Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to get a new system for the truck. Looking around and have found a few good deals. The truck is no show piece but need a solid system that will stand up to the logging roads. What is the real (tested) long term difference between the stainless and aluminized. Whos is better and whos to stay away from?

·
Registered
906 Posts
stainless is bling
find a exhaust parts supplier in your area and buy the individual pipes and put them together .
a muffler from a big truck wrecking yard for 20 dollars is flow through and is indestructable a tail pipe and your in business.

i just put a 5 inch tail pipe behind a 4 inch system and though the truck is bone stock at 160 it sounds like 500 but only on the street not in the cab cause of the megafone effect of the large pipe behind the small pipe and its cheap

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Just buy aluminized and paint it with some high heat paint. It will last a long time like that.

·
Registered
19,131 Posts
How long do you plan to keepyour truck? MBRP stainless systems are guaranteed for life. Easy install and excellent construction.

·
Registered
400 Posts
there is a dealer on ebay named monster exhaust. he has the best prices on kits stainless or aluminized. he carries MBRP Dianmond eye and magnaFlow. If you want headache free then buy a kit it will cost about 300-350 for aluminized. Then your not looking for clamps and crap it all comes in the box! best of luck to you:thumbsup:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Farm Boys Diesel. Gus is a site sponsor. The exhaust is aluminzed but is nice. I have had it on my truck for 2 winters and no problem with rust great price also.

·
Registered
589 Posts
there is a dealer on ebay named monster exhaust. he has the best prices on kits stainless or aluminized. he carries MBRP Dianmond eye and magnaFlow. If you want headache free then buy a kit it will cost about 300-350 for aluminized. Then your not looking for clamps and crap it all comes in the box! best of luck to you:thumbsup:
i hope you meant stainless, cause if you search the web you can find for less than 300 by 50. good luck

rande

·
Premium Member
16,203 Posts
My understanding is SS is really only necessary near the ocean.
That said I have SS and live 1200 miles from the ocean.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i hope you meant stainless, cause if you search the web you can find for less than 300 by 50. good luck

rande
That was with muffler and big tip plus shipping. i bought mine straight pipe and it was like 230

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yeah I picked up 5" no muffler for 279, included 4" down pipe.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i just ordered mine for 259, shipped with down pipe, no tip.

rande

·
Registered
699 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Haven't seen anyone else mention them but I'm running a FlowPro SS dual 4" with muffler and 5" tips, its a little louder then my dads 3" straight pipe. I would liked to have it straight piped, but the city Cops have really cracking down on loud trucks over the last few months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ebayed a diamond eye 4" complete with 30" muffler and a 14" s.s. tip shipped for $272 lol, 4" downpipe was a little tight by the frame and some horseshoe coolant tube by the block, anyone else have this issue?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts