Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

exhaust stack question!!!anyone?

1144 16
right now i have a 5" stack 7" stack will be here on monday:headbang:... but right now i have a 5" stack and on accleration my rear window rattles... anyone know anyways to fix or at least help the ratte go away? its also str8 piped right now i have a muffler just have not installed it yet guess that might help a little???

thanks in advance everyone:thumbsup:
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would install muffler and 7" stack. Go from there..

Oh, might want to lay off the skinny ;)
lols i know i could not wait to install and it was what i had lols 7" mitre will be here monday and i will get the muffler for sure soon:thumbsup:

· Registered
26 Posts
you think its bad with a 5" stack!?!? i got a 8" and i cant even think after drivin that beast down the highway! that 7 will be just as bad!

how do you have it mounted?

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im going to weld it to a 1/4 plate and then its bolted down to the bed with 4 bolts one on each corner...

· Registered
26 Posts
i would recommend putting a clamp from stack to the top of the bed, it will stop alot of the window vibration

· Registered
1,081 Posts
I got 2 6inchers and it doesn't vibrate too bad on acceleration but once the tc locks up at 50mph it vibrates pretty good. Guess that's why my girlfriend likes the back seat.

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got 2 6inchers and it doesn't vibrate too bad on acceleration but once the tc locks up at 50mph it vibrates pretty good. Guess that's why my girlfriend likes the back seat.
:hehe::hehe::hehe: .... i should have the muffler and new stack in the next couple of days ill let you all know how it goes... try a post some pics to :headbang:

· Registered
4,129 Posts
i would recommend putting a clamp from stack to the top of the bed, it will stop alot of the window vibration
That is not actually true, in all cases. I have a clamp holding my stack on the bed and it doesn't really help at all. The thing that will help the rattle is a Muffler and a Resonator. Dynamiting the roof should help as well from what I have seen.

· Registered
26 Posts
That is not actually true, in all cases. I have a clamp holding my stack on the bed and it doesn't really help at all. The thing that will help the rattle is a Muffler and a Resonator. Dynamiting the roof should help as well from what I have seen.
i had the same problem when i had dual stacks in my truck and when i clamped them to the bed the vibration was pretty much gone, but they were alot higher above my cab, the new one is just shy of the top. that might have something to do with it:confused013:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.