Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 diesel that currently has a 60hp. chip and a straight piped exhaust. The truck came like this when I bought it. It looks like about a 3.5" pipe and exits out in front of the rear tire. I am moving to California and I need to put the cat and muffler back on for smog inspection. What is my cheapest solution.
Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ha! That's easy. Don't move to California!!!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
muffler doesnt do anything for emmisions but calif c.a.r.b. may require one? id try and find someone who dumped there cat and work out a deal on one, they are very pricey new:welcome:

·
Registered
583 Posts
yea they have platinum in them, it's worth more than gold right now... craigslist or ebay... good luck. you will need a CAT for smog, and yer spose to have a muffler for sound conservation... i left my truck registered in washington...

·
Registered
401 Posts
iam puttin my fbd 5" on this friday....i have my stock exhaust on the truck now, let me know

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
i don't think the cats required on a diesel unless its an 04 or newer.
Federal law did not require a cat until January 2004 but California, and states that use California emissions laws, CT, NY, MA, VT and hm....a few others required cats earlier. Some of the 96-98 12vs even had EGR!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts