Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck needs some new exhuast, it still has the stock crap on it and it is starting to rust out. I would like to make my own, but wat to know if 4" is really the "best" thing o go with. I think I found some 3.5" in really good shape, (take off from a new company truck) that I could get for next to nothing. Would I be losing that much in flow if I used that for the DP and then went to 4" w/ dual 4" stacks? Moneys tight so gotta save where I can.
DS79

·
Banned
400 Posts
I'd Do It

Not a bad idea at all, depending on your fab/welding skills. The newer trucks don't use the same v-band clamp on the turbo. But as far as price/performance goes, great value. There's very little gain to be had from a 4" turbo downpipe on a 3.25" turbo outlet. You'd be way ahead if it's not costing you much and you can make it fit. Figure out how to mate your exhaust flange to that downpipe, or even just use your existing DP and you're good to go.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the pipe is off of a PS maybe a late 90's early 00's. Its from the cab back because they put stacks on their trucks so they could use the tilt beds. Anyone else have some more input?
DS79

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I went to 4 inch stans because I also put on a s300 with a 4 inch outlet. I am happy with the stans but 500 is a hard pill to swallow for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts