Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what the difference in cat-back and turbo exhaust .
what would be best for a 12v 98 with minor mods done.
and what size "4" - "5" or "6"
i don't perform or pull,,,but want the best in performance to work with my turbo.
thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
a turbo back connects to the actual flange on the turbo and is true diameter all the way out and a cat back usually just connects to the catalytic converter and replaces the muffler(mainly for sound on gassers). i would recommend a 4" if you're not going all out, it will have nice sound and significantly better flow than stock. there is such thing as too big so don't believe the hype about bigger is better. mbrp makes an excellent system and if you're not looking to spend an arm and a leg. they offer aluminized and two types of stainless. i hope this helped, if you have anymore questions just pm me. oh, and don't forget to check out AirRam - Cold Air Induction System he usually has the best prices and if not he'll do what it takes to get them there. call nick and tell him jake sent you. the number is on the website

1 - 2 of 2 Posts