Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im making my goodie order monday morning but before i do i want to know if any of you guys have a preferrence as far as the brand exhaust (flo-pro, mbrp, diamond eye, etc..) im going 5" tbe. And will be running a mm withe overdrive tune and s&b intake, egr/cooler delete. Thoroughbred diesel wants to sell me the package deal for 1600 free shipping but with a diamond eye exhaust? Also i want to run no muffler. Any opinions appreciated

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was having the same problem you're having with brands of exhaust. I was watching videos on youtube and thought that mbrp sounded the best. If you think about it though the only difference between these brands are pretty much the muffler, not the whole exhaust. I was told by an owner of an exhaust shop that the AFE exhaust with muffler was one of the quieter brands. MBRP and flo pro were pretty much identical, except for price. I'm going with the 5" SS flo pro turbo back with muffler "to get the deeper tone without the raspy noise" with a 6" tip. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder how much of a difference the muffler makes? Im looking for the louder, deeper, turbo whistle sound

·
Registered
870 Posts
My flo pro fit like a dream, about 30 min install time for TBE. No tweaking, fighting, nothing, just a smooth install

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Same as above. FloPro went together nicely

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wonder how much of a difference the muffler makes? Im looking for the louder, deeper, turbo whistle sound
I was considering getting the flo pro w/o muffler and sticking the mbrp muffler on it but the guy at the shop said I would be wasting my money since the flo pro muffler is the same. The way he explained it to me, the difference in mufflers is the type and amount of sound dampening matterial inside the muffler. Plus the price of the flo pro with or without a muffler is only a $50 price difference. If you didnt like the sound with the muffler you could always take it back off, and you're only out 50 bucks. Since we are both going with the 5" system we will have that deeper tone, it just depends how loud you want it. Also, Ive read on here that a cold air intake will help tremendously with the turbo whistle sound. I'm going to get the AEM Brute force. If you want I can tell you who I'm getting my exhaust through if you're interested. 5" SS turbo back flo pro with muffler for $485. I've searched TONS of sites and local shops and nobody can beat that price. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
72 Posts
so am I. I'm ordering the exhaust, cold air intake, xrt pro tuner, and the egr/cooler delete

·
Registered
731 Posts
Talk to James at Rollin Smoke Diesel also. He hooked me up with a great package deal when I bought my XRT, EGR delete, AFE Stage II CAI and 5 in Flo Pro TBE! Great guy and EXCELLENT customer service!!

Reactions: Rollin Smoke Diesel

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have all my stuff marked at Rolling Smoke Diesel and ready for my me to hit transmit and it was cheaper than $1600... As soon as my tax refund gets here my exhaust and EGR will fall off and a XRT pro will boost the output:)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I ordered my exhaust and egr delete last week, and nobody was cheaper than rollin smoke diesel.

·
Registered
807 Posts
My flo pro fit like a dream, about 30 min install time for TBE. No tweaking, fighting, nothing, just a smooth install
:agree2: Longest part of my install was getting the turbo clamp back on :banghead:

I ordered 5" Flo Pro with out muffler, Mini Maxx (no OD), complete EGR delete, A-pillar pod w/ adapter for MM, a couple of smaller goodies, and pyro from Performance Truck Products. $1,497 delivered, and was here in two days. Love it.

Rollin Smoke Diesel also has some good package deals.

·
Registered
72 Posts
SCRATCH THAT!!!!! I just found out some info on the different companies and Rollin smoke diesel is the way to go! I just got ahold of James and ordered a 5" SS flo-pro w/muffler, brute force, xrt pro, and egr/cooler delete and his price was the best. Also, from what I read on here the customer service is top notch. Looking forward to getting my stuff within the next couple of days!

·
Premium Member
10,370 Posts
SCRATCH THAT!!!!! I just found out some info on the different companies and Rollin smoke diesel is the way to go! I just got ahold of James and ordered a 5" SS flo-pro w/muffler, brute force, xrt pro, and egr/cooler delete and his price was the best. Also, from what I read on here the customer service is top notch. Looking forward to getting my stuff within the next couple of days!
Thanks bro, I appreciate that :thumbsup:

James
RSD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts