Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I'm confused on this muffler delete and res delete. It looks like I don't have a cat but a resenator of some sort???? I wanna cut everything off but I don't want the truck to be to loud. I do want to here the turbo more, should I live the res. and just delete the muffler or do the whole thing ????????:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I had 4" exhaust with a muffler on my 00' and i just finally put my muffler delete pipe on yesterday, after driving around with it strait piped coming out under my seat. the strait 4" muffler delete dosnt sound that loud anymore.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Man I'm confused on this muffler delete and res delete. It looks like I don't have a cat but a resenator of some sort???? I wanna cut everything off but I don't want the truck to be to loud. I do want to here the turbo more, should I live the res. and just delete the muffler or do the whole thing ????????:popcorn:
This will have absolutley no effect on hearing the turbo better! In fact, it will drown it out. A CAI(Intake) is the only way to get to the noise of the turbo and hear it. Another fact, pay no attention to the Silencer ring removal. It also has no effect on better turbo noise IMO.
Open air intake combined with gutted torq tube will net impressive results on the turbo. Cost,,, Very little.
Reccommend Amsoil 4510 Nano filter.

·
Registered
491 Posts
i took it all out and love the sound and not that loud etheir and have you takin out your siliencer ring?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is the siliencer ring at????:popcorn:What will this do if you remove it?????

·
Registered
240 Posts
"supposedly" it makes the turbo sing more. judge that for yourself however. my dad has the '02 with the muffler delete and its really loud. that kind of loud that doesn't sound good since its only a 3.5" pipe. really high pitched and airy...he's gettin a 4" real soon.

·
Registered
240 Posts
its located at the face of the turbo. remove the elbow from the front of the turbo and it will be the round, .9" wide reducer looking thing held in with a ring.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Leave the resonator on to help with drone.

I disagree about what you said about it having no effect on hearing the turbo. I took my muffler off and WOW is the turbo singing, especially from idle to about 1500 RPM. Mine dumps under the flatbed right now (Just experimenting with the sound).
This will have absolutley no effect on hearing the turbo better! In fact, it will drown it out. A CAI(Intake) is the only way to get to the noise of the turbo and hear it. Another fact, pay no attention to the Silencer ring removal. It also has no effect on better turbo noise IMO.
Open air intake combined with gutted torq tube will net impressive results on the turbo. Cost,,, Very little.
Reccommend Amsoil 4510 Nano filter.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is this siliencer ring will it hurt anything to remove it?????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts