Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a muffler deletion pipe for my 4" mbrp exhaust on my 01 cummins. I was wondering if I have a downpipe 42" extension pipe not sure how much of the 24" extention pipe if any (I will look in the morning) and a 30" muffler and the tail pipe. Is it safe to remove the tailpipe and muffler and have just the extention pipe and downpipe? I dont know if it is something I could do at home because I am sure that I would have to cut through some of the pipe on both ends of the muffler. So any information is welcome, I am wanting to cut pipe tomorrow if it is an ok thing to do.

· Mopar1973Man.Com
26,034 Posts
According to local laws in Idaho the exhaust must be pass the cab of the truck. (Like stack are in the bed or turn out after the cab).

So keep that in mind you can cut and change the dump point of your exhaust any way you want it... But the shorter you make it and the closer to the cab you get the more drone you'll get and the louder the exhaust will become...:thud:

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just got done test driving it with just the downpipe and extention pipes. The exhaust was 1 1/2 inch past the cab. when at a stop light in drive the drone was to mutch I had to put it into park becaus it was pressured my ears at the first light. Will it sound any different if there is straighpipe to the back of the truck? if not I will just put back on the rest of the exhaust system. I was hoping to get my truck to sound something like this YouTube - 2001 Cummins Straight pipe

· Mopar1973Man.Com
26,034 Posts
Take a look first...
Straight Pipe

All I did was pull the muffler and resinator out... Put a chunk of pipe back in... My truck sounds exactly like that...:w:

Drone... I've got zero drone... But I've been told I can be heard up to 1 mile away... :rof

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any kind of staigh pipe that I can get that looks like it has a muffler on it? I might be going out of state a fiew or more times this year. I would rather not get a ticket if they think one is installed. Or is ther a tool I can use to remove remove all the resistors in the muffler? MBRP muffler is on the right

· Mopar1973Man.Com
26,034 Posts
Ask around but there is a muffler called the sneaker series. It a muffler can with a straight pipe through it...:w:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.