Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, my 91 currently has a 3" to 5" and turns down right around the middle of the bed. but its oakie rigged. so i can either take it to the local shop where my buddy works and get the 4" down pipe and go in to 6" and turn out the back, with all new hangers. or i can put some stacks on her. everything on the truck is black so i though some fat chrome stacks would really stand out. any help?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Its what ever you like. What makes you happy?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Stacks?

New to the forum. Not new to cummins. Had a 96 1 ton 1200 torque and an 02 1 t0n with 1000 torque. i now bought a 93 250 with a new getrig and 150000 rounds on it. just wondering how loud stacks are inside the 1st gen cabs. i put lots of miles on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
well you can take a look at mine and see if you like the chrome stacks or not on a black truck

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you want ill email you more pics of it

·
Registered
962 Posts
they are loud.. If you do lots of miles I wouldn't suggest it unless you like the noise..

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
With my windows up my 93 is very quiet. I had my wife in it the other day and she said " well it is still quiet " I opened the rear slider and said " No its not ".:hehe:

·
Registered
46 Posts
the noise will all depend on what muffler you put on it I would not suggest straigt pipe. I had that at first and rattled everything in cab so I got a mbrp muffler much better you can actually talk to someone in the cab without yelling now and you only hear it when you hammer down on it. but my buddies still say they can hear me coming from a cupple blocks away

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Does anyone know where to find a single stack kit for a 1st-gen? Or is it better to rig one up with a dual kit. I don't have access to a welder or tube bender and I'm not sure how much an exhaust shop will charge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know where to find a single stack kit for a 1st-gen? Or is it better to rig one up with a dual kit. I don't have access to a welder or tube bender and I'm not sure how much an exhaust shop will charge.
do it your slfe shops round here get 5.00 - 10.00 per joint:shock:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
do it your slfe shops round here get 5.00 - 10.00 per joint:shock:
yeah that's what i figured...ridiculous. we have a shop on ft hood that charges by the hour to rent a bay but they don't have the right equipment to do an exhaust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts