Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going for mpgs not power and I don't want any more cab noise so, what's the most effective option? A geno's muffler elimination pipe for my stock exhaust $65 or eliminate the cat and resonator and go with a 4" $300 to $400 option?

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
We've had 3" straight, 4" turbo back MBRP system and now have 5" stacks. The 4" MBRP with flow through muffler was by far the best and healthiest sound. Very little if any aditional cab noise over stock.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I ordered the muffler delete from geno's garage, but am away from home right now so hopefully I can have it on next week. I will let you know how it sounds.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I got a 4" straight muffler system from Farmboys Diesel. It's reasonable and not too loud. My 3" muffler rotted out so I had pretty much a 3" open pipe, it was as loud or louder than the 4". Considering the advantages over a 3", I think a 4" is the way to go.

·
Registered
51 Posts
stacks Q

im tryn to find a exhaust system for my buddys 99 cummins...he wants a 6" flat or gloss black stacks with bull horns..i did some searching and couldnt find what i was lookn for ...lookn for some tips????

·
Registered
247 Posts
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
We've had 3" straight, 4" turbo back MBRP system and now have 5" stacks. The 4" MBRP with flow through muffler was by far the best and healthiest sound. Very little if any aditional cab noise over stock.

·
Registered
167 Posts
hopakco, I went to the muffler shop and told him I needed a piece of 3" exhaust, expanded on one end and 65" long. Removed my resonator/muffler and put in the pipe, I had to trim a bit off, 65" a little long. Anyhow, welded it in and wa-la, $20 later and it was done. You can clamp it if you have no welder, cab noise, did not notice much of a difference with the windows up......my stacks....now that's a different tune.

·
Registered
167 Posts
im tryn to find a exhaust system for my buddys 99 cummins...he wants a 6" flat or gloss black stacks with bull horns..i did some searching and couldnt find what i was lookn for ...lookn for some tips????
Jc, build them. Check out my pictures, they are gloss black, I would suggest barbeque black(1200 degree-flat black) Cost me a total of $118 for the whole thing.....and some time. It would be easy to do some bull haulers, just use an angle gauge. Maybe I'm just cheaper than most.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts