Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a little accident today when tapping a hole in my exhaust manifold. Now time to replce it. A OEM one from Dodge will run me around $200. I looked into aftermarket ones and that would run me $450+. Do you really get that much benfit from doing a aftermarket exhaust manifold? Trying to figure out which one I should order.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
wow...I am amazed the OEM ones are that cheap!

I would say that if you plan on modifying down the road, go ahead and get an aftermarket one. Most already have a threaded hole for a Pyro - just so you don't make the same mistake twice!

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
With the stock turbo you'll see little/no difference but from what I hear, an aftermarket manifold eliminates considerable lag with a bigger turbo....

·
Registered
247 Posts
What year truck do you have? I have one with 36k on it that I'll sell you for 50 bucks. It is from my 06.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a early 04, so yours is diffrent. As of now I have edge juice w/attitude, exhaust, intake, methanaol injection. Next item was going to be a lift pump and then doing a set of injectors here in the next few weeks. I dont have a problem spending the money on the manifold, but just dont want it to be waste money if it wont help me out.

·
2,246 Posts
They are way worth it, even on a stock turbo. Since your thinking of injectors, I would go ahead and do it, it will help with keeping the egt's down and will help even the stock turbo to spool a little faster.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I am going to go ahead and order up a BD manifold. Found it for $410.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I forgot to mention that they will work with you on their pricing, I just ordered a new HTT turbo from him at a crazy low price. Good Luck Man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts