Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got looking today at my truck and the manifold has a crack in it:banghead: Wondering what would be the best to go with it. I was tossing between a bd and ats

· Rescue Tower
11,008 Posts
Yeah... not sure there is much difference between them as long as they are a three piece design. Ask for a price quote in the vendors section to get a good deal.

· Cummins CrAzY
1,396 Posts
My vote goes for either the PDI or HTT.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never heard of PDI or HTT. How are they Compared to the BD or ATS???? Where would be the best place to talk to about getting one?? Also will it hurt my truck if i keep running with it cracked

· Registered
4,160 Posts
i got mine from Gus at farm boys diesel for alot less than any of the other brands!

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Running with it cracked can decrease boost by robbing backpressure from the turbo. This can bring up your egt's and with fueling mods, could be enough to damage engine components.

I got the BD, and it seemed to "change" the power. I doubt it added much, but the spool up was noticeably quicker and the power delivery seemed noticeably smoother. My *opinion* is that any multipiece will be fine. It's primary function is to not break, and I'm reasonably certain that the aftermarket manifolds have multipiece design to prevent warping, and are SIGNIFICANTLY thicker. Thicker outside, and smaller exhaust ports inside. The smaller ports increase velocity and decrease volume to assist spoolup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.