Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got the exhaust running out in front of the rear wheel? I want to do this but I'm not sure how. I was thinking maybe come down below the cab with 2 45s to drop below the frame then a 90 to come out the side? Any better ideas? I wanna do it right and make it look good the first time. Thanks for any help!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I did it, i have black rims, you can still tell clear as day that its covered in soot even if you clean it everyday

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stacks coming out the the fenders then point them up and put tractor exhaust flappers on them

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad you guys got your little comments in. I appreciate your concern in what I choose to do to my truck. Please let me know if you have anymore recommendations :thumbsup:

·
Registered
732 Posts
If you have a setup to blow smoke and have an uncontrollable urge to give full throtle before your turbo spools put the exhaust into the cab please.

All of my trucks except the Dually (and semi) the exhaust comes out before the rear wheel.

Try it. Have gradual rather than sharp bends.

Post some pictures if you do.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure how the topic of smoke came up. Just because I like the exhaust like that doesn't mean I'm driving around p**s pourin smoke everywhere. All I did was ask a simple question and everybody has to show how cool and bad they are. This nonsense is ridiculous. Thanks for the tip on the bends though.

·
Registered
92 Posts

this is what i did after a cat and muffler delete pipes. bolted the tail pipe section to the the muffler delete pipe and it put the exhaust at 45 degree angle right before the rear tire. with the 35" on there is only a couple inches of clearance. it droned to loud for the wife in the cab so now my exhaust goes over the rear axle and exits in stock location. i'm still straight piped and have a 5" tail pipe section.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I did the same thing as de4ever, liked the look and sound, not the soot. But still only reason i changed it was because i got a stack kit for a dang good price

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

·
Registered
228 Posts
I did the same thing on my old 02 model. I just ran a straight into a 90. A local muffler shop guy did mine for like $40 cash but just like guys have said, beware the black wheel

·
Registered
388 Posts
just curious, you guys running the exhaust like this, do you ever notice your tire deforming from the heat? i thought about doing this but my mudflap(rubber) gets a bit melted right now so im a bit worried.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it took me 3 hours to separate two pieces of my exhaust today so I will be finishing it up tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it. A question for the guys that have done this...does your truck have to smoke for soot get on your wheel?? Just curious cause I never see any smoke unless I'm racing so I don't really think its gonna be that bad.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts