Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 with 116k miles on it. Never haul or tow anything. I have a H&S Mini Max with all the deletes. After about 100k miles when I turn my exhaust brake on it works normal but after a while it will intermittently get stuck full open an not build boost and throw a check engine code of not sensing boost pressure. I can reset it and drive for weeks/months Not using exhaust brake and no issues. I also have an intermittent issue with my EGT reading in the steady 750-900 range then shoots it to 4500ish range then back and forth. Any thoughts as to where to start to look for a loose or exposed wire that would be causing the issues?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Man, I got a 2010 as well and you better check into a turbo before you see your truck on a rollback due to the turbo getting stuck closed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, I got a 2010 as well and you better check into a turbo before you see your truck on a rollback due to the turbo getting stuck closed.
I replaced it a few months back cause everything I read said the turbo/actuator was dirty or done in. So I replaced it and same issues? So I’m thinking it is more of an electrical or sensor issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can you post the specific code(s) it throws when this happens? Does it throw the same codes when the EGTs go erratic??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts