Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I drive a 2001 ram2500 extended cab short bed. Been shopping around for a little while now and cant seem to find what I want. What I am looking for is a bolt in application 4" turbo back stainless steel setup with a Y pipe dual exhaust. I would like a kit that does not come with a muffler... would like to continue running a straight pipe. But all I can seem to find is kits with a muffler, or just basic one side no Y pipe straight pipe kits. I've thought about buying a kit for an extended cab long box and then just leaving the muffler out and cutting the one section down to size. But if a kit already exists and I dont need to waist money on something I dont really want/need that would be fantastic. Maybe Im just not looking in the right place.

In any case what do you sugest?(edit)

·
Registered
45 Posts
if you go to an exhaust companies website they usually sell a muffler delete kit that goes in place of the muffler and y-pipe. it may be more helpful to call the any of the vendors and talk to one of their reps as they can point you in the right direction. hope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gave up went in another direction and bought stacks. Thanks anyways!

·
Registered
57 Posts
i went with the MBRP smoker. 4 to a 4 to a 6 inch stack very loud especially when you open the back glass. makes the true cummins sound come out. i love the MBRP but its pricey

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went with the MBRP smoker. 4 to a 4 to a 6 inch stack very loud especially when you open the back glass. makes the true cummins sound come out. i love the MBRP but its pricey
yeah thats exactly what I bought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I drive a 2001 ram2500 extended cab short bed. Been shopping around for a little while now and cant seem to find what I want. What I am looking for is a bolt in application 4" turbo back stainless steel setup with a Y pipe dual exhaust. I would like a kit that does not come with a muffler... would like to continue running a straight pipe. But all I can seem to find is kits with a muffler, or just basic one side no Y pipe straight pipe kits. I've thought about buying a kit for an extended cab long box and then just leaving the muffler out and cutting the one section down to size. But if a kit already exists and I dont need to waist money on something I dont really want/need that would be fantastic. Maybe Im just not looking in the right place.

In any case what do you sugest?(edit)
check out flo pro i just got a 5 inch kit from them and it awesome they have all different kits availible

·
Registered
57 Posts
nice man i honestly , no B.S., just ordered a 7 inch stack im takin off the 6 and puttin a 7 hahhaa i hear its got a deeper tone sounds beast.... no anyone who wants a black 6 inch mitre?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cant say I do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts