Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I Own a 2007 ram 3500 single cab with 86k miles. I get "exhaust filter full" and "power reduced" message. It appears everytime I turn on my truck and them I scroll down to see the MPG and the message will never come up again until I will turn off and then on the truck. I just bought this truck, I had the old 5.9 liters so Im new with this new technology. Any suggestions or recomendation?? Is this under factory warranty or just some stupid message?? I can I solve this problem for good?? :confused013: I read and Im suppose to drive it on the highway for 45 min. but I bought the truck in Texas and drove it to Floridal; 16 hour drive and the message for the exhaust filter full stills appears. The truck runs and drive nice. The power have no reduced or anything yet. Is this something I should take it to de dealership and have them solve the issue???????

·
THE OX
809 Posts
Take it to them and see what they say about it. (May Just need a Forced Regen) Is it throwing any codes? If so Post up the Codes somebody could help you out!

And welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take it to them and see what they say about it. (May Just need a Forced Regen) Is it throwing any codes? If so Post up the Codes somebody could help you out!

And welcome to the Forum!

Well, I guess I have to take it to the stearlership. Is there any recomendation to get rid of this procedure???

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you regenarat the exhaust system

Where in the owner manual do you find out how to regen the exhaust system????:confused013::S:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problems with my 08. It would fall on its face rpms wouldn't climb then it would buck and backfire through the turbo and take off like a two stroke. took it to the dealer 5 or 6 times they kept cleaning the turbo about 4 months later it would do it again. after several calls to chrysler and threatening to contact a lawyer. They replaced the turbo, dpf, cat, egr, and flushed the intercooler. The next day I did all the deletes before the turbo could soot up again. Its been a yr no problems, more power, and 23 mpg instead of 12-14. Couldn't be happier with the truck I used to hate.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Just got a wake-up call..My 07.5, 6.7, 68RFE, just lit up the message DPF FULL 80% see stealership...after only 41K miles ...95% hiwy/towing...I had been braggin' about no issues until now...message went out before I got crosstown to Expressway....Running a BULLYDOG (my 04.5' had one) and stock except for a S&B air cleaner,..I'll go the Deletes route now, but I hate codes, I had emailed BULLYDOG to ask if they had a DPF delete ...no response ..I guess I'll have to spring for a new programmer and CAT/DPF pipe. USED to be a HOTROD, but all I want is RELIABILITY and some occasional REAL POWER....ANY COMMENTS?...JACK in texas...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got a wake-up call..My 07.5, 6.7, 68RFE, just lit up the message DPF FULL 80% see stealership...after only 41K miles ...95% hiwy/towing...I had been braggin' about no issues until now...message went out before I got crosstown to Expressway....Running a BULLYDOG (my 04.5' had one) and stock except for a S&B air cleaner,..I'll go the Deletes route now, but I hate codes, I had emailed BULLYDOG to ask if they had a DPF delete ...no response ..I guess I'll have to spring for a new programmer and CAT/DPF pipe. USED to be a HOTROD, but all I want is RELIABILITY and some occasional REAL POWER....ANY COMMENTS?...JACK in texas...
I was in the same situation I don't care about making more power than I need or blowing a ton of smoke. I just wanted reliability, I had $15000 worth of parts covered under warranty. I was worried about voiding warranty but if you get rid of everything causing problems you don't need the warranty. If they cover it get rid of that crap before it happens again right when your warranty goes out and takes your turbo with it. Plus im getting just over 23 mpg with turbo back straight pipe and h&s xrt pro on "plus 60 hp". Over a year and no more monthly engine lights or any problems at all.

Reactions: BULLETS

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where in the owner manual do you find out how to regen the exhaust system????:confused013::S:
Its not in there. The dealer has to do it and if the turbo needs cleaned they drill and tap a hole in it force regen and spray a cleaner into the turbo to clean it and the dpf. Its a joke a few months later the same thing will happen over and over. Make them replace it not clean it. If the trucks more than a year old don't think lemon laws don't apply. Google search the federal warranty act. Good luck

·
Diesel Filled Veins!
5,376 Posts
There was a post not so long ago about a guy cleaning out the DPF with a pressure washer once he was out of warranty. If you're gonna keep the hugger clutter these things are a consideration. The DPF gets plugged up with ash from the burning soot and needs to be removed after so many regens. Deleting the hugger clutter is the best option, but not always an available option depending on state laws although the hugger clutter is a federal requirement. H&S, Smarty and Edge can all eliminate your emissions BS. The H&S and Smarty completely remove the ECM from looking for the crap and Edge uses foolers on certain parts while clearing codes at start up (a little more crude but still effective). Go to the tech section of this forum for all the info about how to delete if that's an option for you.

·
Registered
847 Posts
everyone get on a treadmill, crank it up so your at a full sprint, do that for 10 mins while ONLY breathing through a straw, that is the simplest explanation of how terrible the emissions components are on these engines, +ford + chevy, delete the crap let it breath, with that you'll get power, reliabilty, and mileage. doesnt make sense to redirect exhaust soot back into your engine, its like breathing in your own farts as your only source of air. WHY would anyone wanna do that

·
Registered
897 Posts
There was a post not so long ago about a guy cleaning out the DPF with a pressure washer once he was out of warranty. If you're gonna keep the hugger clutter these things are a consideration. The DPF gets plugged up with ash from the burning soot and needs to be removed after so many regens. Deleting the hugger clutter is the best option, but not always an available option depending on state laws although the hugger clutter is a federal requirement. H&S, Smarty and Edge can all eliminate your emissions BS. The H&S and Smarty completely remove the ECM from looking for the crap and Edge uses foolers on certain parts while clearing codes at start up (a little more crude but still effective). Go to the tech section of this forum for all the info about how to delete if that's an option for you.
THANKS..I'm going with the XRT PRO--Probably, I just want a set-it and forget-it setup. I do 500+miles frequently and I guess those have-to speed bursts with my BULLYDOG would eventually clog this crapper up...Jack/Texas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts