Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....................and the BADP 5" TBE jumped into its place. :popcorn: Got to work on it 5 minutes after it showed up yesterday.:woot:

I love the sound and sure get looks like crazy around town. The install was not overly dificult. Hardest part was lowering the tranny crossmember(not hard). It took me 4 hours to install. I was all by my self and didnt have a impact. I did it all by hand. I think I will zip the new clamps at work though just to make sure. I still also have to figure out how I want to clean up all the excess wiring and such. Also need to figure out alignment a little better. the hanger for the bunged section of pipe would not line up and I think its cause I tightened the downpipe to turbo clamp to soon.

Overall sound is A+ at idle it sounds mean at half throttle it sounds mean and when you get on it with the chips turned up it is WICKED. I love my truck again and dont miss my '01 at all anymore. There is a little drone at 70 mph that I will have to see if I can live with. I didnt get her done till it was dark so I have not got to see the smoke yet. EGR will fall off here in the next few days after I finish cleaning up the exhaust.

I would say the exhaust is the best thing I did to the truck. I dont have a turbo pop any more with the AFE like I used to and the hesitation is not nearly as bad getting onto the throttle. :beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
:peelout:woot::peelout

·
Registered
419 Posts
congrats cant wait to get mine

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You said you were going to zip the clamps at work, I am assuming you meant you were gonna use a zip gun, I used a zip gun on mine first, but it wouldnt get them tight enough, I had to end up using an impact gun to get the clamps tightened all the way down. The zip gun got it tight, but you could still see some soot build up on the outside of the pipe by the clamps, don't have any after the impact. just FYI

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry didnt even think about the zip gun. I meant "zip" them down with the impact and finish her up tight. They are a pain in the arse by hand. I am pretty sore today.

·
Registered
130 Posts
....................and the BADP 5" TBE jumped into its place. :popcorn: Got to work on it 5 minutes after it showed up yesterday.:woot:

I would say the exhaust is the best thing I did to the truck. I dont have a turbo pop any more with the AFE like I used to and the hesitation is not nearly as bad getting onto the throttle. :beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer

Maybe this is what I am hearing with mine. I thought it might be something clunking around, but it only does it when I'm getting into the throttle every once in awhile.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Darn it! I can't take it anymore. I have to get one soon....congratulations on your purchase. I am sure your engine is thanking you from uncorking it!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Im with jr i can not stand hearing all of this sweet stories with the 6.7 with the five inch i am getting mine right when the code free comes out and guys by teh way if i do a four inch tbe will i have to remove the trans cross member to put on the 4" downpipe thanks guys

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Stuff keeps falling off your truck too? lol It is good to hear that more people are having some fun modding their trucks!

Did you get the kit with the muffler or just a straight pipe system? From what I hear on this forum if you get the straight through muffler it will clear up that drone and not cork it up.

·
Registered
733 Posts
AWESOME!!! I'm so excited to get mine. The UPS guy doesnt show up here usually until after 4pm, so I can barely contain myself knowing I'll have it today

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well guys I ordered mine on the 16th of April and it just got here Yesterday May 6th. If your wanting to get one and your dieing for one you better put in your order cause the wait SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth it though.

I may be looking into the straight through muffler now though. I hate the drone. I will try to fix it in other ways first but just to warn you the drone is intense at around 70-75 mph. Other than that I love it!

Im with jr i can not stand hearing all of this sweet stories with the 6.7 with the five inch i am getting mine right when the code free comes out and guys by teh way if i do a four inch tbe will i have to remove the trans cross member to put on the 4" downpipe thanks guys
You have to drop the trans to get the existing downpipe off. It sucks but is not to difficult. I wasted 30 minutes just trying to get that thing out without dropping the crossmember but it for sure does not work. When you get to the step of taking off the stock downpipe just do yourself a favor and drop the crossmember right away.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It took me about 5-10 minutes by hand with no impact tools. I did still have to pry the crossmember down as mine was pretty dirty. I also used the truck jack to push it back up. You will also need a floor jack or jack stand to hold the tranny in place while you drop it.

I took out the two bolts on the passenger side and one bolt from the driver side and loosened the other bolt so it would swing. I also took off the three nuts that are up inside the slots on the bottom of the crossmember. I have heard you dont need to worry about those three. Just looked like it would work better if I took them off two. Only adds 2 minutes.

·
Registered
733 Posts
My BADP 5"SS TBE just arrived from UPS!!! I ordered my April 17, so I know your pain of waiting. I just have to drop the cross member from the tranny right, not the actual tranny? I want to have all the answers line up, as I'm haveing a shop install it for me in the morning and its the first DPF delete kit they have ever seen.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Yes, just crossmeber.:woot:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Its a piece of cake boys, I put mine on this weekend too and could not be happier! You will need to take the three bolts off on the cross member since they are attached to the tranny. It will go nowhere otherwise. Good luck with the install and enjoy!:peelout

·
Pipeliner
770 Posts
hey guys just got my new edge/attitude and afe stage II ari intake sould i get a muffler with my kit or not!!!! im going with a 5'' i want a lot of sound but dont want a big drone at highway speeds?? thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just opend the box and I cant find the fooler box. I have the pipes, and a plastic bag of clamps, but no electronics box?

·
Registered
319 Posts
RAM 89 that is really your call, I have mine straight piped and love it but a little drone does not bother me. I personally dont think its very noticeable.

diverb - Sorry to hear that brother I hope it pops up I think I heard they do ship it seperatly sometimes?

·
Pipeliner
770 Posts
sound good il go straight piped, i can alway crank up the toons, then again that hummin cummins is music to my hears!!!lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts