Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about going to a single stack. ihave 5in turbo back now.im getting tied of the drone. will a stack fix this and the bigger the stack the deep tone thanks:confused013:

· Registered
335 Posts
I am not 100% sure but I think it would make it worse. I know guys have taken stacks off because they were too loud and went back to straight pipes but not the otherway around. My truck drones really bad at about 1500rpm. I hope a muffler will help out with it. I will see here in a couple weeks.

· New Mexico Chapter Vice President
1,497 Posts
thinking about going to a single stack. ihave 5in turbo back now.im getting tied of the drone. will a stack fix this and the bigger the stack the deep tone thanks:confused013:
dude its gonna make it WORSE..unless u put a muffler before the stacks...

· Registered
284 Posts
I have 5in turbo back and wally at FTE diesel set me up with a resonator for about a 100$ that works great
I agree with this. Contact Wally at FTE Diesel and get a resonator, it pretty much eliminates the drone! If you go to the single stack, the drone will be a lot worse without a resonator. Even when using a muffler, the 5" exhausts tend to have a lot of drone.

· Registered
1,231 Posts
i had a single 4" stack then went to dual 5" turnouts at 44" long and it brought the noise down alot. im on the market for dual 5" Aussies. i think 36 should be good length. the shorter the louder. mitre and straight cuts are going to be loud because its not directing the noise away from the cab. i had a flat for an hour and took it off fast. my truck is straight piped, used to the exhaust noise from running machinary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.