Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for an exhaust brake for my 01 Cummins but I dont know which one to go with. Does anyone have any ideas and where I could find one with the compressor and the toggle switch. I dont want the huge box on my shifter. Anyone know where I can get one for cheap? :confused013:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
You have the same question posted twice, once is usually enough.
Well you have two choices, BD and Pacbrake both run about $1,200 to $1,400. I chose the Pacbrake direct mount to the turbo. Works great, no issues coming down long grades, very seldom do I need to tap the service brakes.
The shifter switch on mine is a simple rocker switch on a small aluminum mount.
http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/images/product/medium/4483_2_.jpg

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I would get an inline instead of turbo mount, I wish I would have gone this route. This way you are not limited in turbo choices if you plan on upgrading.

This is the arming switch I had on my shifter. I loved it there.

Shifter Mount Exhaust Brake Switch

Pop the switch on and then there was a micro switch on the throttle that activated the brake when the throttle was in neutral position.

I liked it and didn't get in the way of anything.

·
Vendor
8,738 Posts
We have turbo mounts on sale for nearly half price. Bought a pallet from cummins. they are made by Jacobs and re-branded as Cummins. Can post a link but you can search my site for 3800792

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
We have turbo mounts on sale for nearly half price. Bought a pallet from cummins. they are made by Jacobs and re-branded as Cummins. Can post a link but you can search my site for 3800792
You will NOT find a better buy on a new exhaust brake anywhere. The cheapest I found anywhere a year or 2 ago for any new exhaust brake was either $200 or $300 more expensive. That was on just one site and they were at least $200 cheaper than anyone else.

I bought a used EB for about $175 less than this new one and got a good buy. If I was wanting a new or used exhaust brake at this time I would jump on this deal before they sell out. The only issue with this one is your turbo upgrades might be limited. Then again, who really need 600hp anyway? Ask Jkidd about any upgrade issues as he can tell you what issues if any exist for this EB.

When you order an exhaust brake I recommend also buying 2 tubes of exhaust brake fluid. It is a lubricant needed for the moving parts. Having 2 means you will not run out for a long time and shipping is a bear on just one.

·
Vendor
8,738 Posts
Borg Warner K27 should be a good option for this E-brake. Think hx35/40 without the turbine flow restriction. Direct replacement with wastegate and 60mm FMW (billet) compressor wheel.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Jkidd.. or anyone who knows.. I have this same design exhaust brake but pacbrake brand. Anyhow my question is pdr sells an adapter to go hx40 to hx35 would that be harmful to an s300 turbo to reduce the exhaust size in that short of a space? If not couldn't anyone run an upgraded turbo with this? Is there a limit to how big of a turbo?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
"Then again, who really need 600hp anyway? "

Try pulling a 9000 kg rv up a steep mountain pass and your question will be answered my friend.

Reactions: ram3500isx
1 - 9 of 9 Posts