Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed after the AX flash was done to my ECM that the exhaust brake doesn't work like it used to. Sometimes it will work practically all the way down the RPM range. Other times when the tach hits 1500 it stops working and then resumes when it hits 1300 RPM? Why is it doing this. I notice it mostly during a regen. Any ideas? I am tired of taking this truck back to the freakin dealer already! :thud:

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
i just went from the AW to the AX and it does not seem to have the braking power as it once did

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mattpopp,
Thanks for the input. I like reading your posts. I must say that I have reduced braking power when I use the E-Brake as well. I guess I will just keep running it until something else happens. I get tired of taking it back to the dealer and letting it set a few days at a time. My dealer doesn't have a clue about the 6.7

·
Registered
479 Posts
My manual trans truck is doing similar things. Sometimes it works harder than others and I've seen the same thing where it's pretty weak at first an then starts slowing down pretty hard at a lesser rpm in the same gear. I figured it must have some kind of lookup table in the ECM that prevents it from braking too hard at higher motor speeds. That's just my guess - I'm no expert.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Mine is doing it too. I read on another thread that the dealer told a guy that it was getting clogged from the soot, that he needed to wind it up real high and then get on the brakes hard with the ebrake to try to clean it out. I tried it on mine and it actually worked better for about a day, but then started doing it all over again. I'm not going to run my truck hard, just so it can clean out. Especially with the cost of fuel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts