Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2012 Ram 2500 Mega - Bighorn Cummings, 4x4. I just had it purchased. I went with the 2012 over the 2013 primarily because it did not need the additional Exhaust fluid as the 2013 does. Also, this is my first diesel. First, I must admit, driving a diesel over a gas engine just gives you the feel that you "really" are driving a truck/workhorse, not just a wannabe. Don't get me wrong I have the Dodge 2006 1500, 4.7 2wd, and it has been VERY GOOD to me, but the diesel just up's the game.

Next, I find it funny in all the reviews of Ford, Chevy, GMC, how they talk about how better and/or quicker the V8 diesels are and how dodge is behind. Really, people do not purchase a diesel for speed, also those V8's come with more part, thus more maintenance, thus more problems. The Cummins I6 has made a name for itself which no other engine (well maybe Caterpillar I6) can compare to. Anyway, I guess on to my question.

I noticed the reading material for the 2013 Ram's indicated that the EB can be used in conjunction with cruise control, which brings great benefits for down hill control of the vehicle while in cruise control mode. Does this feature also apply for the 2012 or does the 2012 system rely on the braking power to control speed when in cruise control mode?

Also, amazing how efficient and quite the EB is when in use, It does a really good job of bringing the vehicle down to 35 mph from 65.

Finally, on a side note, I noticed there was discussion about Fiat thinking about removing the Cummins for its own diesel. I am wondering if people have this confused, as Fiat is only bringing the diesel in for the 2014 1500. Or has anyone else heard differently. Get rid of the Cummins is like killing your entire product line.

·
Registered
474 Posts
This guy is a genius!!!

Do some home work. And have fun with your cumminGs!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Ha, I'm sure dodge isn't stupid enough to get rid of Cummins motors. That would be the death of there trucks, it would be called the big two from that point on lol.

To answer your question, no it dosent use the trucks brakes to slow it down while in cruise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.