Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been wondering if my exhaust brake has been working right. I assumed that once you pressed the button it would put a load on the engine while idleing no matter what the engine temp is or if your at idle or driving . Is this correct?
Also when I'm driving with it on it doesn't always kick in, usually I have to be going over 40 for it to kick on when I take my foot off the gas and it only seems to brake for awhile it also doesn't seem to come on all the time at lower speeds

is anyone else having this situation or is it normal?

Thanks in advance:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Mine turns off after 20mph or 1000rpm. Which ever comes first.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Once your truck is warmed up to normal operating temps it will not come on at idle. Everything you posted seemed normal.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
when I take my foot off the gas and it only seems to brake for awhile it also doesn't seem to come on all the time at lower speeds
It only works down to a certain RPM, either use tow/haul which will automatically downshift the trans as you brake which keep the engine RPM up and the EB engaged or use the ERS to lockout a top gear that keeps the RPM up.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have no exhaust brake, I use the towhaul as the brake...is that bad?

·
Registered
368 Posts
once the truck heats up , the ebrake won't come on at idle and it will work until you get below 1100 rpm .

·
Registered
401 Posts
not all 6.7s have exhaust brakes, on the very first c&c it was an option. to my understanding it was made standard soon after that on c&c.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
not all 6.7s have exhaust brakes, on the very first c&c it was an option. to my understanding it was made standard soon after that on c&c.
Interesting, is the turbo different? Seems like you could add a switch as its a software EB, not a hardware one.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i'm not sure, i would think that the turbo would be no different, probably on those a guy could tap into the software somehow and acitvate e-brake.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The turbos are the same, just need the wiring and the stealer to program it for you.

·
Registered
867 Posts
my c&c dosnt have one :O(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts