Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one have this going on! 07 dodge 6.7 mp8 dpf and unpluged egr.

with the exhaust brake on,has any one noticed that it has like a two stage brake.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
:confused013:
I'm gonna need a little better description for my simple mind.
Reread. You mean it feels like it brakes at one level and then increases or decreases?
Are you running in Tow Mode? I've felt that type of ebraking only in Tow mode.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it starts braking at one level and then the faster you go it increases,the braking power. it's almost like a two stage jake brake. this truck is a 6 speed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well either way with the rpms that your running and the load you got behind you or the speed of the truck, the jake will respond differently. Like slow speed low rpms doesnt really do much... on the highway 75mph 6th gear... 2300 rpms... let off the fuel and Ill see like 10-15lbs boost/back pressure from the jake. I only have PMT and havent unplugged the egr... havent gotten balls to pull egr plug yet

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i only get to drive the truck when me and my friends go crusing,or to bars im the dd. so the truck is always empty,even a 65-75 mph i can tell the jake has two stages. idk and i dont know why is doing this dodge says im crazy,but i can tell in the mph drop when it's on full,and when its on half.

·
Registered
332 Posts
dpf still there ? just egr unplugged ? is the braking affect your talking about while under normal eg braking or is this going on while your on the skinny peddle ?

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
I have my egr unplugged DPF still on and a 6 spd as well. I think i know what you are talking about. Sometimes the EB comes on more aggressive and sometimes its just like its just riding along. I think one of the other post was right it is dependant on your RPM and the exact situation of the truck at the time. Its relative to the VRT I think. and what the ECM tells it at the moment does seem pretty different but i think its just the VRT and load or rpm its at. The harder the truck pushes against it the harder it will try and slow down?????

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have noticed the brake coming softer at times and I believe it is directly related to tow hall mode, rpm, and load. With the boat on the back it will stop like it's backing up and when it's empty it's much softer.

·
Registered
757 Posts
on my truck it seems in the higher rpm range it will feel a little softer then as the rpms come down its like it stops harder i think its just an rpm range thing that happens and as the turbo slows down the braking becomes more effecive maybe but i think i kno what your saying

1 - 9 of 9 Posts