Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tunes are fantastic when it's above 40-ish degrees, but I wanted to get the exhaust break to close when the engine is warming up like it used to. I can't seem to get it to function normally.

Has anyone got theirs set up to function decently?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For more clarity:

With the exhaust brake off, the turbo slams open and shut (quickly oscillating between 90% and 10% shut), I don't want the VGT to close when EB is off.

With the exhaust brake on, it drops to 8-12% closed no more (I'd like to get a little more closure, VGT max closed is set to ~94).

I changed back to factory map positions to see if it's a map issue or something else going on, and EB on it would go to about 90%, but off it would do the same oscillating thing. Has me completely stumped.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mods: I don't know why this was moved, it should be in the custom tuning section. I write my own tunes using warp...

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Can you tell if it’s commanding the VGT to oscillate? I’m curious if something is triggering it or if the actuator is having issues.

How did you like tuning with Warp Tuning? I’m looking into that myself.

·
Trying to learn
7,346 Posts
Mods: I don't know why this was moved, it should be in the custom tuning section. I write my own tunes using warp...
Sorry didn't get custom tuning from your 1st post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts