Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just completed my egr block. i took off the tube valve assy and took the butterfly valve out. i did it just like the pictures. everything is fine except my eng. brake doesnt work. the light comes on but doesnt brake. wtf happened? :banghead:

· Registered
153 Posts
bump for more info if anyone has any ideas. mine hasnt worked since i deleted my dpf.

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
are any of you seeing signs of soot on the passenger side of the motor? Who's kit did you use to do the delete? Did you get new gaskets? Are you clearing codes on start up or are you reading any codes? If you did the DPF delete and it stopped functioning the truck my be sensing you have to high back pressure for some reason and it will not activate it if it sees the pressure is to high at any of the points in the exhaust.

· Registered
153 Posts
are any of you seeing signs of soot on the passenger side of the motor? Who's kit did you use to do the delete? Did you get new gaskets? Are you clearing codes on start up or are you reading any codes? If you did the DPF delete and it stopped functioning the truck my be sensing you have to high back pressure for some reason and it will not activate it if it sees the pressure is to high at any of the points in the exhaust.
no soot, flopro, clearing on startup, by gaskets i assume you mean with an egr delete but my egr is not deleted just unplugged.

· Registered
13 Posts
This is interesting. Three of us maybe more with like results. I replaced gaskets with my egr delete, kit came from Rollin' Smoke can't remember the name of kit. All seemed fine on install. Dpf delete using kit from Rollin' Smoke and running XRT 60 tune. I had the same issue running the 120 and 175 tunes. Exhaust brake hasn't worked since I did the work, other than that problem the truck runs well.

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
no soot, flopro, clearing on startup, by gaskets i assume you mean with an egr delete but my egr is not deleted just unplugged.
Try starting it once with the key off or try doing the key trick without clearing them to see if you have any strange ones coming up. Your lose could be caused by not deleting the egr. If it is blowing open it can bleed off EB pressure into the intake. Do you have the tube plugged at least or just the valve unplugged?

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
This is interesting. Three of us maybe more with like results. I replaced gaskets with my egr delete, kit came from Rollin' Smoke can't remember the name of kit. All seemed fine on install. Dpf delete using kit from Rollin' Smoke and running XRT 60 tune. I had the same issue running the 120 and 175 tunes. Exhaust brake hasn't worked since I did the work, other than that problem the truck runs well.
Have you downloaded the latest software from H&S? I believe some early adopters had EB problems. You might try undocking it and loading the latest off their website just for shiggles if you haven't.

· Registered
153 Posts
Try starting it once with the key off or try doing the key trick without clearing them to see if you have any strange ones coming up. Your lose could be caused by not deleting the egr. If it is blowing open it can bleed off EB pressure into the intake. Do you have the tube plugged at least or just the valve unplugged?
no strange codes and i do not have the tube plugged, just the egr valve unplugged.

· Registered
284 Posts
I just did all my deletes...EGR & DPF......and EB still works but I removed the whole EGR system and I have updated to the new sim free tunes.
I do have several codes if I change tunes but I clear them with the XRT and everything seems OK

· Registered
71 Posts
Hey , I see this hasn't been brought up in awhile, but has anyone found anything? Mine also stopped when I did the deletes (5" flo-pro, egr complete delete & xrt).That was back in the early spring. I found that by unplugging the pressure sensor, it works, just causes a check engine light. I haven't had a chance to try replacing that sensor yet, and really want to make sure thats what it is first because it's almost 200 bucks. Curious if anybody else has figured this out?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.