Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to if this is a 4500 5500 option they put on the trucks.. I just would like this feature on my 2500.. My dads 5500 when he shuts the truck off with the eb on the next start the eb stays on and you can turn it off whenever.. But say if he turns the eb off before shut down the next start up the eb will be off... Any of you guys have this type of thing on other cc's?? I know allot of people hate hitting the button every start, so if not every cc has this it has to be some sort of option in the star scan device :confused013:

· Registered
152 Posts
Just curious to if this is a 4500 5500 option they put on the trucks.. I just would like this feature on my 2500.. My dads 5500 when he shuts the truck off with the eb on the next start the eb stays on and you can turn it off whenever.. But say if he turns the eb off before shut down the next start up the eb will be off... Any of you guys have this type of thing on other cc's?? I know allot of people hate hitting the button every start, so if not every cc has this it has to be some sort of option in the star scan device :confused013:
forget it just leave it on all the time. better for the turbo

· f7u12
2,365 Posts
forget it just leave it on all the time. better for the turbo
i think you missed his point. he wants to know if there is an option in the StarScan or another way to have the EB on all the time. Basically reversing the default process now, that being that you have to hit the button everytime you start the truck.

here's the bump.

So is there a way to have it on all the time and be able to disengage it when you want?

· Premium Member
1,296 Posts
your original question, no, you dont have to turn the eb on with every start on the cc...if its on when you turn the truck off, its still on when you start it up the next time

as for the starscan option, idk...ask the stealershiP??

· Registered
298 Posts
It must be just on the C&C, I have to turn it on every time on my 2008 QC.

· Registered
173 Posts
Its state at shutoff of the ignition on a CC is the same state on start.

In Pickups the state always turns of with the cycling of the ignition.

There are no dealer options with the Starscan.

Search the forum as this has been addressed many times including a hardware solution made of simple electronics to turn the EB on at each startup.

· Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its state at shutoff of the ignition on a CC is the same state on start.

In Pickups the state always turns of with the cycling of the ignition.

There are no dealer options with the Starscan.

Search the forum as this has been addressed many times including a hardware solution made of simple electronics to turn the EB on at each startup.
I know the eb deal has been covered but i never knew the cc eb stays on if the truck was shut off with eb on and then next start the eb will still be on... I not lookin for it to be on all the time just if regular 6.7s could be like that... The reasoning was for this post is to find out if all you cc guys have your eb function the way i explained and ctd&tdi explained.. Cause if not all cc's have there eb working that way i would think the starscan can turn something on so the eb can function like that.. I dunno though so this is why i am trying to figure out..

Any one with the cc is that how your eb works?? if on while you shut truck off it will still be on whenever your next start up is??? And if you dont want it on on the next start up you can turn it off??

I would just like this option and i am sure allot others would to

· Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So if all cc have there eb like that its probably just cc software... I am trying to see if there is some cc's with out that option cause its then in the starscan to tell the eb to do that..

just trying to clarify it simpler hopefully

· Registered
32 Posts
My eb stays in the mode I put it in, regardless of ignition being turned off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.