Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Exhaust Brake Modification?

2299 6
Ok, I hope you guys can help me out with something I've been trying to research. Our factory exhaust brake is awesome, no complaints here. With all my hours on this forum searching and youtub'ing. I came across a video with a guy that has the jake brake installed and has that controlling actuator on his shifter.

My question is, is there a way that can be installed on our 4th gen trucks that have the pre-installed exhaust brake? it is a pain in the to reach over and press that button sometimes. It would just be nice to have that option to flip it on or off.

heres a pic of what I'm talking about:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
If i remember correctly, it was a turbo swap on to an older 5.9 he had the switch because there wasn't one built in like the newer trucks. but I could be wrong..

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
If you can operate one switch is should not be a pain to operate one a couple inches further. I liked my old truck with the Mini-Maxx because it would set it to default 'on' on each start up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it not a big deal at all. it was just something i was interested in doing if it was possible. instead of hitting the on/auto/off a bunch of times. and like you mentioned wixthedog having the truck start and it being defaulted on would be nice with the mini maxi or (that controller on the shifter)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've wished since I bought my truck, 2013 with G56, that the exhaust brake was on the shifter. I don't like shifting with the eb on and down like taking my eyes off the road to turn eb on & off. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has ever tried or found info on this mod, on a 4th gen truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.