Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about something so I thought that I would ask on here.....Just wondering how many ppl have had their exhaust brake set to the more "aggressive" setting at the dealer and also have had their truck straight piped?
just wanted to know if it sounds even louder than it already does in the stock setting with a 5in tbe...

Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
Exhaust Brake

I was just thinking about something so I thought that I would ask on here.....Just wondering how many ppl have had their exhaust brake set to the more "aggressive" setting at the dealer and also have had their truck straight piped?
just wanted to know if it sounds even louder than it already does in the stock setting with a 5in tbe...

Thanks
What more agressive setting?

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
Yeah, no body told us about a more aggresive setting for the EB. is this something that the dealer has done for you or are you going off of the daisy chain of he said she said!!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
back when i first joined this forum there was talk of ppl getting their exhaust brake set to a more aggressive setting the same way that they activate the high idle for the trucks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've never heard of that and as far as I know no such thing exists.

The only way to make your EB seem more aggressive is to drive in tow/haul mode. That doesnt actually change the EB in anyway, you just notice it more because of the lower gears and higher RPM's.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
my eb stays engaged all the way down to about 800 rpms but i have never herd any one having it set more agressive i think mine stays engauged longer then some i hear on here.

·
Registered
331 Posts
My eb seems to disengage a little at 1500 RPM's but only while in Regen.

·
Banned
722 Posts
im interested in this also. ????? ummmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
19 Posts
my eb stays engaged all the way down to about 800 rpms but i have never herd any one having it set more agressive i think mine stays engauged longer then some i hear on here.
The EB stays effective until the tranny unlocks. Another beautiful thing about the edge A2 is you can observe the lock status of the tranny.

A-b

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The regular attitude monitor has that feature as well, not just the A2 monitor.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I really want a more aggressive EB. I was just thinking earlier today as I read some other posts about people that were nearly rear ended because they didn't light the brake lights but were able to slow aggressively...not me. It makes a really cool sound and it slows down, but not impressively unless I start dropping gears on the auto shift. I can see maybe how someone with a stick could slow more aggressively but how is that any different from any other stick?

If there is a way to make it more agressive by default (other than tow/haul or manually dropping the gears down) then I want to hear about it!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well all i know is that if you go back and look at some of the posts from a while back....back before there were any dpf deletes or anything....you should be able to find posts with talk of getting a more aggressive setting....i personally don't have time to look back through all of the old posts but I was just curious.

·
Banned
722 Posts
well all i know is that if you go back and look at some of the posts from a while back....back before there were any dpf deletes or anything....you should be able to find posts with talk of getting a more aggressive setting....i personally don't have time to look back through all of the old posts but I was just curious.
I was reading the forums when 6.7 first came out way before delete kits and i never seen crap. but still curious. hopefully im wrong

·
Registered
390 Posts
I know there was talk about the re-flashes and how they were either increasing or decreasing the "power" of the EB. I think that is all there was, I know because I posted about it once or twice. The manual tranny seems to allow the EB to go down below 800-900 rpm's before it shuts off. I drove an auto because they were getting better fuel milage so I was thinking of buying one, after the test drive I KNEW that I didn't like the way the EB worked on the auto and so I didn't want to get one. It would have been nice to only have 2 pedals though!!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Mine seems to almost work too well in Tow/Haul. I don't think I would want it to be more aggressive...
I have found that shifting down to 5th gear or lower (auto trans) makes the brake stay engaged much longer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts