Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know exactly what part of the operation of the exhaust brake is supposed to be affected by the exhaust pressure sensor? I'm referring to the one with the tube from the manifold, not the differential pressure sensor underneath. My exhaust brake wasn't working, but after unplugging it, it works again, and it works exactly the same as it used to. Before spending 180$ on a new sensor i'd like to know if it's even worth replacing it?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
yeah this controls the peak back pressure triggered by the EB. What you have done is put it back into "look up" mode as opposed to "closed loop" mode. This could be potentially dangerous because it is getting pressure readings from the ECU look up tables for a stock truck. Since you have a modded truck the back pressure is likely much higher than stock and much higher than the "safe" look up tables it has programmed. You could potentially float a valve blow a head gasket or shat out one of the other gaskets in the exhaust system if the pressure gets to high. I'd spend the money to get that baby fixed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats pretty much what I was looking for, just wanted to make sure it was a justified expense. Since it worked the same as before I thought it might be to control temps and pressures while regenerating, or that it might vary pressure based upon dpf percentage of flow. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.