Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
Does the AC change doors properly? does speed control work? If 4WD, does it shift to 4wd?
A hose from vacuum pump to any of mentioned accessories is probablly disconnected, damaged, or fubarred in some manner.
The vacuum pump turns into a crankcase pressure pump if it cannot produce a vacuum due to vacuum leak somewhere.

Reactions: Mopar1973Man

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
If you want to be sure of the condition of your engine don't bother with a blow by test... Do a compression test then you know if 1 or more cylinders are damaged an which one...

But yes Dozer is right check your vacuum pump first... I would just cap it off temporarily and see if that fixes the problem if so then start hunting the vacuum lines...

If not do the compression test then you'll know excatly what has to be done...

Dodge Cummins Compression Test

Reactions: ethanfordcummins

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does the AC change doors properly? does speed control work? If 4WD, does it shift to 4wd?
A hose from vacuum pump to any of mentioned accessories is probablly disconnected, damaged, or fubarred in some manner.
The vacuum pump turns into a crankcase pressure pump if it cannot produce a vacuum due to vacuum leak somewhere.
I have the same problem. Excessive oil comming out of my crankcase vent tube. Just had a booster put on in sd after loosing brakes comming down the mountains into sd. The mechanic was kind of a lazy ass. But my 4x4 wont inguage and my ac is not working as I recall. I was hoping this was a vacuum leak. I know it's not blow by because I can set the oil cap on it start it up and I wont move. The truck starts runs and sounds great other than the trail of oil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts