Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

every possible suspension upgrade for 2WD!

1273 Views 12 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  acoor82
id like to know every pssible suspension upgrade i can do to my 2wd. i would also like to lower it. im guess'n cal tracks(get rid of wheel hop), remove some leaf springs,....not too sure guys. let me in on everything you know about how to get a 2wd to hook up a little better. i also DO NOT tow with it so not worried about limits!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump c'mon! this is gonna be a good thread for us 2wd guys!

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump.............

· Diesel Junkie
10,448 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's a good idea...the drop shackles thats is:thumbsup: thanks for that one. anyone elts? have you guys heard of bolting the leaf springs under the axle? i know i am prob very wrong but i have heard of people doing it to all types of trucks...not too sure if that would tear some chit up or not cause they wernt made to work that way. also guys what about removing leaf springs?

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:thumbsup:i think this should go back to the top. bump

· Diesel Junkie
10,448 Posts
Removing springs depends on teh truck My 2007 5.9 2500 is not able to have leafs removed due to orientation pin issues but all the trucks in all years seem to be different. as for a flip kit, moving the spring to below the axle, yes that is possible just look up axle flip kit. there is a lowered dodge that has been flipped, it was a phototruck for Amsoil, Nick is think is the name of the guy who owns it and its for sale, I'll see if I can find it.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds good thanks!:thumbsup:

· Registered
117 Posts
I learned this. If you do a flip kit weld a new spring perch on the axle. You will save money (if you weld) and it is a lot nicer set up then using the kits. Just a WAG I would say it would give you 5-6" of drop.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump to top

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anyone elts care to comment...? bump

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.