·
Hide your cats!
5,100 Posts
what causes hydro lock?

·
Tech support junkie
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Water/coolant doesnt compress. When u introduce that into the engine the steel has more give than the water therefore the rod bends over the water giving more

Sent from my Droid Charge

·
Hide your cats!
5,100 Posts
the thread says wonder why its a good idea. so i would believe that the truck still had egr intact.

·
Tech support junkie
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No this happened cause a cooler blew and coolant hydro locked the engine. Deleteing it keeps this from happening. It also jubked the block too. Needs a whole new engine

·
Tech support junkie
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maxxforce 13 2010 emissions

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
There must be EGR theives all I've the country. Mine got stolen like a few months after I bought my truck. I wonder what they are doing with them all...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Pretty sick pic btw. Talk about a bad day

·
Registered
239 Posts
ive seen this more then i can count on cummins engines the great thing about the ISB is the egr cooler is above the engine and it runs back into the exhuast and into the cylinders and then you got to start it and she is locked up. ive seen a ISX do the same thing as that maxforce but it didnt ruin the block not trying to brag but i guess them cummins blocks are stronger then them Internationals ha ha

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,905 Posts
ive seen this more then i can count on cummins engines the great thing about the ISB is the egr cooler is above the engine and it runs back into the exhuast and into the cylinders and then you got to start it and she is locked up. ive seen a ISX do the same thing as that maxforce but it didnt ruin the block not trying to brag but i guess them cummins blocks are stronger then them Internationals ha ha
I don't think the coolant will run back in the cylinders with the velocity of gas exiting the exhaust ports. More likely what is happening is that when EGR is commanded it pulls through the cooler, exhaust gas and coolant, into the intake side, and then you get the big bang. :thumbsup:

·
Tech support junkie
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The rod.bent so bad that it smashed.into the side of the block. When the engines shut off I agree as on the mf13 its above the engine. Itlk run back into the clys as will the isx even though its behind the turbo

·
Tech support junkie
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hes meaning itll hydrolock too if u let it sit and try to start it. Coolant will run in thata way

1 - 20 of 35 Posts