Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had a pinhole in my radiator where the fins and tank meet, squeeze the hose and it sprayed out. guy at auto value told me about this stuff called K Seal, its like 14 bucks for a little 5 oz. can but i shook it up, dumped it in the rad and by the time i got home(2 miles), i opened the hood and no more leak! drove 50miles tonight parked for 2 hours not a drop on the ground! check it out, works pretty shweet.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would NEVER run any kind of cooling oil or trans system "stop leak" or "sealer." All garbage and end up wrecking things down the road in my experience.

Only "fix" stuff that Ive seen work is lucas trans additive.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I'm saying is it stopped the leak pretty fast, I'm getting a new radiator soon and will do a complete flush of the system. In a pinch it's good stuff and isn't going to cause any long term damage if it's only in there for a couple weeks

·
Premium Member
16,203 Posts
Not familiar with the product you used but have used AlumAseal powdered aluminum stop leak for decades with great success and no ill effects.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Some people have even used ground black pepper to seal leaks.

Reactions: kipman

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New radiator on order. Anyone recommend a good flush product from experience?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts