Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Laramie Mega 5.9L and the evaporator core temp sensor failed a few months ago. It was confirmed by a friend with an A/C machine showing my compressor cycling like crazy and lines freezing up. Since he owns a shop, he called a Mopar dealer that he regularly uses and tried to order one only to find out it was back ordered. Since I live in Texas and A/C gets used all the time, I had him check up on the part Thursday and he found out Mopar discontinued it and now I’m S.O.L. I’ve searched everywhere I can think of, including here, and still can’t find a solution so I’m really hoping y’all can point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did they give you a part number?

Is it a 68004239AA ?

I tried to post a couple links for that part on ebay and elsewhere but im unauthorized....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Did they give you a part number?

Is it a 68004239AA ?

I tried to post a couple links for that part on ebay and elsewhere but im unauthorized....
Part is listed all over amazon, ebay, mopar parts discounters $13 to $35 take your pick
I forgot to mention that it’s the 5140727AA. My truck was made in late 2006.

Attachments

·
Trying to learn
6,201 Posts
Reactions: rghavana

·
Registered
664 Posts
They list a few phone numbers under the contact us tab. You might score one at a wrecking yard.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If anyone is interested and still looking, that part does not exist anywhere I could find.

·
On call 24/7
12,491 Posts

·
On call 24/7
12,491 Posts
Wonder if they will pull it down or keep the listing up? Probably keep it up:doh:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wonder if they will pull it down or keep the listing up? Probably keep it up:doh:
Just like the 371 websites I looked at and emailed/called, they’ll leave it up to perpetrate the suffering of others for the sake of laziness.

·
Premium Member
15,302 Posts
Just like the 371 websites I looked at and emailed/called, they’ll leave it up to perpetrate the suffering of others for the sake of laziness.
At least they don't send you the wrong part 5 times, insist it is correct, basically call you stupid because you cannot understand how to make the wrong part work, then get huffy when you cram the fact they screwed up down their throat AFTER 15 CALLS!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Dodge Ram 2006 SLT with same sensor problem. Please advise on work around as I can not locate part # 5140727AA

Dusty Driller

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
At least they don't send you the wrong part 5 times, insist it is correct, basically call you stupid because you cannot understand how to make the wrong part work, then get huffy when you cram the fact they screwed up down their throat AFTER 15 CALLS!!!
I know that feeling all too well.... the first couple places I tried were dealers and they all looked it up based on my VIN and told me I was looking for the wrong part. I politely explained to them that I was looking at the part in my hand and it matched the part number I had given them and they still didn't believe me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This blog will not let me send an email address Remove spaces d driller @ wplg .com
Sounds good. I will email you soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If anyone is interested and still looking, that part does not exist anywhere I could find. My friend who owns the shop and I were able to develop a work around that is working perfectly. Send me a message for more info.
I have the exact problem! Please Please Please share your work around for the evaporator temperature sensor on the 3rd Gen! The part has been discontinued as of march 2019, I'm told. I will gladly pay you for the assembly and instructions! Thank you, in advance. P.S. I sent you an email this evening.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts