Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at increasing economy with ethanol water injection. I had done some testing with a 08 Chevy and only gained about one cent per mile fuel cost. Now I am testing a 04 Dodge with a nozzle right above the intake heater. I used the Diablo U7130 for testing with and with out injection of ethanol in stock and all 3 tunes. At least with open road / no towing the stock gave slightly better mileage; the performance tune was the smoothest. The gain I got with injection was with 10 percent total flow being 130 proof with the tow tune installed. This gave an addition 2.5 miles per gallon. The injection was set to only inject with stable or increasing power using manifold pressure. For any better gain to increase economy, I need to advance injector timing slightly since the ethanol/water at higher flow will delay ignition. 130 proof has a octane at around 200, so pre detonation is not a issue. Any way to slightly advance timing while injecting?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts