Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2001 automatic with 226000 on it, i was driving down the road at about 35 and then slowly started to accelerate when all of a sudden it sounded like an r/c car taking off and almost felt like my tranny was slipping, i parked the truck and shut it off, i tried to start it and it sounded like a blender and a cake mixer.

I took the insepction plate off and had a buddy turn it over and once more i got the kitcken appliance sound, the flexplate moves pretty fast and acts like there is no compression and while it moves, my front drive belt doesent move, and it doesnt start which its probably not turning any of the gears, i will be removing the tranny tomorrow. i was just curious if anyone else has had this problem or know what it could be im praying for a snapped flexptae but im afraid the crank could be snapped.....:confused013:

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Broken flexplate is my vote.

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
make that 2 votes for a broken flexplate, let us know what u find with some pics!

-Jordan-

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh there will deffinatly be some pics, i sure hope its the flexplate.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Sure sounds like the flexplate to me too. Oh yeah, and make sure you get some pics! :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts