Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
EPA estimates that Cummins actions resulted in approximately 167 excess tons of nitrogen oxides and hydrocarbon emissions, and 30 excess tons of particulate matter emissions over the lifetime of the non-conforming engines. Cummins will mitigate the effects of excess emissions from its non-conforming engines through permanent retirement of emission credits equal to the excess tons of pollution.
Really? I mean, come one now. Really? The EPA can pick apart the pollutants and say just this part came from Cummins? Whatever EPA. There is no way to say this much came from JUST Cummins engines. I rest my case. (I am very biased towards the EPA)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Doesn't matter to me...I'll never buy another new Dodge or GM vehicle. If my government see fits to use the sweat from my back in stolen taxes to give to those car companies......I'll be damned in hell before they get one more penny of mine.
They want my business? Better quit building 'commie cars'.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bet if they had to prove all there BSwith hard core fax's, They'd all be out of a job.

They should of had to close up shop a long time ago.

:doh:

·
Registered
729 Posts
im sure it doesnt help that there is million dumba**es on youtube showing videos of "blowing smoke". im just sooo glad that i bought my 5.9 07 when i did.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Really? I mean, come one now. Really? The EPA can pick apart the pollutants and say just this part came from Cummins? Whatever EPA. There is no way to say this much came from JUST Cummins engines. I rest my case. (I am very biased towards the EPA)
I'd honestly like to see the emissions numbers coming from all these oil refineries that have to increase there outputs due to the increased consumption of fuel in our trucks. More fuel burnt = lower emissions?? ok yes I do understand that if you look at it on facts that retarding timing, adding egr etc to cool the temps and lower the NOX out us truck driving peoples tailpipes is true yes...but that seems pretty small when you look at what is being done by the big corporations who are more then likely all sleeping nice and comfy in the same bed along with the oil companies and they say they are trying to save our environment..cmon how blind and ignorant do they think we are....

Sorry just had to vent:banghead:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would like to figure out how new trucks use more fuel and are cleaner. Where does the fuel go when its burnt and it takes more fuel to haul that fuel and make it so it doesnt seem to justify it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I cant agree anymore. I dont see how the new exhaust systems burn cleaner when they burn more fuel per mile because of restricted exhaust systems. Freakin EPA. Our tax dollars going to good use!

·
Registered
35 Posts
:doh: Another wonderful example of our gub'mint doing what it does best- put its nose where it doesn't belong arbitrarily and at whatever whim it wants. And, it's just another example of what I tell people all the time- we are losing our wonderful country one little bit at a time. The EPA are some of the worst of whats wrong in the US, but only a small part. Get real all, its the future unless we as americans grow a collective spine and take our country back... till then, its gonna keep getting worse. I love my country, but I fear its government.:confused013:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I'm pretty sure that cali emissions trucks in all those years had a cat though I could be mistaken. I know for sure all trucks 04.5+ got them.
mines a 1998.5 and i never had a cat, or any emissions that i know of. But i have heard that these trucks have a built in exhaust gas recirculation.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts