Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we start a thread on the whole EPA ban? I’ve only read what Kory Willis has posted so I’m a little behind on the whole thing, but I’d love to hear what y’all have to say about it. Hopefully it gets lifted but it looks like the diesel industry may be headed in another direction unfortunately. Any opinions? Predictions?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
They jammed all the emissions crap down the industries throat, next will be federal emissions testing to make sure it stays on the vehicle.
There may be some exceptions but not many. They will implement it over night just like the TSA appeared at airports.
The EPA has the system rigged, they file a law suit, the judge rules, new law, bypasses all the normal channels.
The simpler answer for them is to just fine all the companies and they will go away, it has happened before.
A couple of million dollar fines and no company will want to be put in that situation, there is just not enough return on investment.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So since CTT is based out of Canada would I still be able to get tunes from them? I currently have an ez lynk but I’m unaware of what tunes are being used because I bought the truck from a dealer with the ez lynk in the glovebox. Is there a way I could find out what tunes are on it? I just ordered a 2nd gen swap and have plans of getting some injectors too and would like a retune.

·
Registered
623 Posts
If the dealer will give you the previous owners info, and they are the one who tuned the truck then they can handover the truck and the tuning info to you through the ezlynk app once you set up a acct. If they didn't get a lifetime support or the company they used is out of the selling off road tune game then your just gonna have to pick a new tuner and start from scratch with new tunes

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ram can I still use the ez lynk I have now or do I have to get a new device and everything?

And it’s hard to tell slowgo I have heard “it’s nothing to worry about” from many people and I have also heard that this is quite possibly the end of emissions free modern diesels. Time will tell I suppose.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Did this all start a long time ago when cars started needed a cat? Then in 07 when trucks needed dpfs? Or 13 when we went to def? This "ban" is not a new thing and is not going to just blow over any time soon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I realize it’s been going on for a while but just recently EPA put a halt to all non-emissions compliant hardware so obviously it just got much more serious than it was.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just looking around on the internet a few days ago and I could find any custom tunes for deleted trucks or even a turbo back exhaust, only filter back. Didn’t know why until I found out about this whole deal.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
They put a halt to it years ago. Just because Kory stopped a few years ago doesnt mean much. H&s was fined out of business many years ago. Efi isnt in the USA and dont condone deletes themselves. Flo pro left a year or so ago. As soon as emissions equipment became required deleting it became illegal.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah but from what I understand you can’t buy any of it regardless anymore. Not even for a dedicated race/pull truck that sees no street use.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
This NCI will focus on stopping the manufacture, sale, and installation of defeat devices on vehicles and engines used on public roads as well as on nonroad vehicles and engines.

From the EPA site not ppei, it doesnt specify true race applications. I read that as on road and true off road(tractors gen set, construction equip, etc.)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But there’s a page that comes up when you go on ppei for example that’s says that the epa has taken a public position that a vehicle designed and sold for on-highway use, such as a common rail diesel pick up truck, can never be converted to an off highway race vehicle if that conversion impacts the emissions system of the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.