Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

3,439 Posts
Joe Biden’s Green Energy Mirage

President Biden recently announced ambitious plans to install huge offshore industrial wind facilities along America’s Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico and Pacific coasts. His goal is to churn out 30 gigawatts (30,000 megawatts) of wind capacity by 2030, ensuring the U.S. “leads by example” in fighting the “climate crisis.”

Granted “30 by 2030” is clever PR. But what are the realities?

The only existing U.S. offshore wind operation features five 6-MW turbines off Rhode Island. Their combined capacity (what they could generate if they worked full-bore, round the clock 24/7) is 30 MW. Mr. Biden is planning 1,000 times more offshore electricity, perhaps split three ways: 10,000 MW for each coast.

While that might sound impressive, it isn’t. It means total wind capacity for the entire Atlantic coast, under Biden’s plan, would only meet three-fourths of the peak summertime electricity needed to power New York City. Again, this assumes the blades are fully spinning 24/7. In reality, such turbines would be lucky to be operating a top capacity half the time. Even less as storms and salt spray corrode the turbines, year after year.
Wind turbines are a joke!! Tax payer pays to build them because they don't even offset their own cost. Then the private electricity companies send you a bill for the electricity that you already paid for. Not to mention they usually have a 15-20 year life span and have high maintenance costs. In their short life they haven't offset their environmental impact compared to fossil fuels. AKA another lefty fantasy.

· Premium Member
2011 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 68RFE 4 inch lift
3,393 Posts
Look at Commiefornia, they have wind turbines that are not turning up in the Bay Area. More than half were not turning every other week I had to go there for work. They would be better off installing a huge amount of solar panels that can rotate to follow the sun.

3,439 Posts
Biden Is preparing for solyndra 2.0
Every single democrat does this bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They do it to make their buddies rich. Tax payers pay for it twice. Tesla batteries still can't be recycled after 18 years of making those coal powered pieces of ....

· Registered
12,298 Posts
Look at Commiefornia, they have wind turbines that are not turning up in the Bay Area. More than half were not turning every other week I had to go there for work. They would be better off installing a huge amount of solar panels that can rotate to follow the sun.
Same deal with our wind farm in Anza Borrego. Every time we go down there the turbines are barely turning. It rarely gets that windy where they positioned them. SDG&E built a massive wind farm in El Centro under a mandate that 20% of power must be non fossil fueled derived. They spent $58 million complying with environmental rules and the Native American's concerns to the tune of $58 million. That money would been better spent installing rooftop solar on homes. All this touchy feely junk. New, much safer mini nukes nationwide would fill the bill.

· Premium Member
2,836 Posts
big story in The NY Times today

excerpt:

In November, the E.P.A.’s Office of Enforcement and Compliance issued a study that found pollution controls had been removed from 550,000 diesel trucks over a 10-year period. The modified trucks spewed 1980s levels of contaminants, sending an avoidable 570,000 tons of nitrogen oxides and 5,000 tons of particulate matter into the air, the study said.
Essentially, it found that America has a problem with do-it-yourself dirty diesels.

Actions against emissions tampering may increase beyond California and the E.P.A. In Utah, an environmental group successfully sued the men who host the Discovery show “Diesel Brothers,” establishing a template for others to follow.
The suit was brought by Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment, which holds “Clean Air No Excuses” rallies at the State Capitol in Salt Lake City. At one rally, “we had three or four coal rollers drive around the perimeter of the Capitol,” said Dr. Brian Moench, president of physicians group. “They were quite proud of themselves, putting out these blankets of black smoke.”
Soon after, the group was approached by Reed Zars, an environmental lawyer who suggested a citizen suit against mobile polluters, which appears to be a first. “We were still — I don’t know if I can use the word seething — about the coal rollers when he approached us,” Dr. Moench said.
The resulting suit awarded the physician group more than $851,000 in civil penalties, which goes to the federal government, as if the E.P.A. had won the case. Legal fees of more than $915,000 were also awarded to the group, which has filed another suit since, and said it was preparing to file others.

Those numbers are and out right lie, And even if they were correct on the NOx that's a drop in the Bucket. 1 Lighting flash (AVG) produces 15.4 LBS of NOx.....

You can lease any fuel Analyzer to prove those NUMBERS are far from reality.... So when is Fake group going to file a Lawsuit against the environment that it claims to be protecting? According to this group the ECO system would be the greatest polluter......

3,439 Posts
It's all just virtue signaling to pander to the weakest minds our society's has.
The vilification of the diesels was because they want us to consume more. They were getting too fuel efficient. The same reason why North America has only a fraction of the diesel options in every vehicle segment compared to the rest of the world.
They had to make the 5.9 into 6.7 to reduce emissions? The fact that people believe that sickens me and scares me that people so stupid are allowed to operate motor vehicles in public.
If the governments motive was to actually reduce pollution they wouldn't allow anything into NA if it wasn't made to the same environmental standards we have and they would mandate minimum warranties for everything. Instead the landfills continue to fill at an exponential rate.
Like changing an entire headlight assembly because the shottiest made LED fails for $1300.

· Registered
124 Posts
The city where I live. A lady had a Prius. 10 yrs old, the batteries were not charging properly, she proceeded to the dealer and they told her $12,000 CND for new batteries. What’s a 10 yr old Prius worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3,439 Posts
The city where I live. A lady had a Prius. 10 yrs old, the batteries were not charging properly, she proceeded to the dealer and they told her $12,000 CND for new batteries. What’s a 10 yr old Prius worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Its worth -$12000. Not to mention the inconvenient truth of the environmental catastrophe the non-recyclable batteries.

Was a at a restaurant today that doesn't have straws because of the oceans yet they serve fish. More than half of the plastic in the oceans is fishing nets. It's all virtue signaling to gain consent from brain dead society and the hidden agenda of decimating the middle class.

· P2609 Fanatic
10,868 Posts
Get a job where don't drive daily, and you'll free up enough time to work on your own vehicle personally. (No shops doing illegal work!)
Then you won't have to repair/maintain as much because of the far-fewer miles you put on. Also less emissions (overall) due to less miles. Oh, and your vehicle lasts longer because you drive less.
It's not an emissions problem. It's a consumer problem.
^^^ I'm doing my part buddy. . .
My Longhorn saw a total of 1,540 miles in the last year.

I figure I save about $20 every time I dont drive it, not to mention helping the "less emissions" issue you mentioned in your post.

Plus... by my truck stagnating there is that much more diesel fuel for those that really need it (like those daily driving an 'empty' one-ton diesel truck just because they can).
:sneaky:
Glad I could help. (y)

· Admin/Mod
10,685 Posts
Reactions: Electrojake and krs
41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.