Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My first thread :party018:

Would you consider possible, easy, hard, impossible to put an entire powertrain of a 94 4X4 auto in a 92 W250 auto?

Engine, auto trans, transfer case, front and rear differential... I would keep my axles (rebuilt new) and rear shaft. (if possible)

Would fit ? Does someone did it yet ? Am I out of my f***ing mind ? :shock:

Thanks guy

Aymeric

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Well first problem is 94 is driver's side drop for t case and 93 is pass side so NO WORKY with your 93 axles sorry to burst your bubble man

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,269 Posts
Reuse your transfer case and axles. The rest bolts in with no problem.

·
Registered
963 Posts
basically, just use the motor and the trans.. The cross member has to be modified a little. But pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm putting a '91 powertrain in a '96 that had a gas engine.

First off, keep you're original front diff. '94 and up have unit hub/bearings and ball joints. The king pins and serviceable wheel bearings in the '93 and older are much better.

Like mentioned above, the '93 and older have passenger side drop and '94 up have a driver's side drop. Because they're both automatics your t-cases should interchange.

The engine mounts changed so you will have to keep the ones from your '92. The '94 I think also had a hydroboost (power steering hydraulic assisted brake booster) so you might have to keep the vacuume pump from the '92 or swap the booster.

I don't know for the '92 but the '94s tranny should be computer controlled for the shifts so I think you will need some of the harness and computer from the '94 to make the tranny work.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
94s trans is not computer contolled according to hollander
computer controlled didnt start till 96
i checked my yard no cummins but a v10 is hydro and its a 94
ch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody

Realizing what you wrote, I will go for 1st gen swap. Easier, better for my wish to keep it stock and original and cheaper...

I will post some picture of the result this spring

Bye

1 - 7 of 7 Posts