Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was towing an empty double axle car trailer up a hill, and the figured I'd flip on my water meth injection, and see if my egts would drop, I flipped the switch and a couple seconds later the truck started skipping and sputtering so I immediately let off and shut off the water meth. The truck had no issues the rest of the trip. Does anyone know what caused that hiccup?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
How big and how many nozzles are you running, and what other mods. Is it a new kit or have you run it before with no issue?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Do you not have a controler? The only reason they will buck is too much spray at too low of boost. Either need to boost it up more or use smaller nozzles.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
sounds like you need to adjust the setup to come on at higher boost, and finish out higher as well to limit spraying till the truck is ready for it. and which 2 nozzles?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I heard switches will mess up the controller. I was going to put one on the power side of my pump and Devils own said not to do it they always have people wondering why the controller went bad. Does it make sense to me? No but hey mine has no issues after a year. I would ditch the switch and compare the boost it injects at to a real boost gauge. Mine is right on my gauge. It sputters if it injects uner 18 with the nozzles I run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.