Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram 3500 SRW 6.4 HO Longhorn
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Has anyone ever had any revving issues at start up?

I have a 2001 and twice now when I tried to start it, it revs to red line (by iteself), then shuts off and will not restart. After allowing it to sit over night, it starts like nothing was ever wrong and drives for a few thousand miles without any troubles.

I had this issue before installing the FASS and Juice/Attitude.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Never heard of this one. Maybe the injectors are sticking?? Fuel additive may help to lube those injectors. Dang ULSD.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
I had that issue.. After further inspection I found a little tiny man that hides under my dash and smahes my pedal down to the ground. I finally set a little trap and caught the little sucker and let him go back out in the wild.. GL

Just messing, never heard of that but I'm almost sure someone with much more sense then me will chime in.

·
Go for Broke
7,953 Posts
any codes?

·
Premium Member
19,810 Posts
i had that problem going down the road i got up to 80 before i figured out what was going on (wild ride). well my tps was bad you might try recalibrating it just look on the forum i think its under the apps. try that and see what happens.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Not sure on codes. No lights on the dash, but I haven't taken it anywhere and don't have a scanner. Someone said the Smarty works as a scanner too...might be in the market for one soon.

Also, the injectors are are less than 2 months old and the same thing occurred with the old injectors.

thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sublmnl you didn't release that little guy anywhere in rural North Dakota did you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts