Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it turns out for my build, the oil pan sump is right smack over the axle so I need to flip the oil pan and get a front type pickup tube. In talking to my local Cummins dealer, the person helping me is not sure if the front pickup tube part number that he has would work with my existing oil pan; he says it is for a different oil pan.

Does anyone here have experience in flipping the rear sump to the front?

What's the material that the pickup tube is made of? Can I just fab / tigweld what I need out of the existing pickup tube?

·
Registered
5 Posts
answer

hey do you still have ur oil pickup tube? I have a front sump oil pickup tube and would be willing to swap or even buy urs if you still have it..
[email protected]

also to answer ur question from what i have researched it looks like the oil pan is reversible but if you happen to find out different I have an extra front sump oil pan I would be willing to sell if you need it just let me know

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey do you still have ur oil pickup tube? I have a front sump oil pickup tube and would be willing to swap or even buy urs if you still have it..
[email protected]

also to answer ur question from what i have researched it looks like the oil pan is reversible but if you happen to find out different I have an extra front sump oil pan I would be willing to sell if you need it just let me know
Welcome to the forum!

Too bad I already bought one from Cummins. If you want to pay for the shipping or you're in the area you can have it. Pm me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey do you still have your oil pickup tube? I never heard back from you or got an email from you so wanted to make sure you didnt send anything or if so maybe there was an error sending it.. so i just wanted to check with you and if you did still have it please let me know..
Thank you so much
Eric
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts