Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I had all the same issues on my truck as the sticky thread about rough idle and hard start. Sure enough i had some bare wires. Got em taped and tied up and still had issues. So i took my truck to the dealer, they said i had a bad program on my computer (stock) so they flashed it and updated it with a new one. It seemed to fix all the issues until this morn, it finally was cold enough for the truck to idle up while sitting, and it went back to lopeing like it has a cam in it like a hot rod.... Tired of this problem!!!!
Any ideas?? :banghead:

·
Registered
109 Posts
is this a problem? my truck does this as well, i thought it was just part of high idle. i have heard other 5.9s without programers do it as well. im talking about the cam sound.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My truck lopes in high idle also. I haven't had or heard of any issues associated with it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
my truck lopes alot also on high idle. its normal for them.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
hah funny to see this thread. My truck was loping in high idle today, at least the first time I noticed the lope.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine did not start this until this year when I started having all the other problems .... my 03 did not do this either. None of my friends does this. This is not normal....

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
My truck does this and my father inlaws does to when it goes up auto. Had the pto high idle enabled and it doesn't do it when I turn that on. Do you have extended crank times, smoke, poor mileage?

·
Registered
594 Posts
we have 5 of these trucks around.....05-06's and everyone of them does it. Every other 3rd gen ive been around does it. Type it in on you tube.....tons of videos of these trucks doing it on high idle. Id say its pretty normal

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No mods on my engine. But yes my mileage has gone down. Not terrible, but not what it used to be. When i tow on the other hand its gotten really bad. Towed my 28ft camper last week and got about 225 miles pushing it on a tank of fuel, not what it used to be. Also, dont know if it has anything to do with it but my truck is shifting funny too, tries to stick in gear alot longer or seems to do alot of searching.. That started with the same time everything else did. Engine rattles alot more, bad enough wife also noticed it if that tells you anything.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not saying anyone is wrong about the lopeing, but my truck didnt do it until december of this year, and it wasnt the first hard cold spell. my other one did not do it. It doesnt bother me that it does it. I just think its connected to all the other problems im having.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im not saying anyone is wrong about the lopeing, but my truck didnt do it until december of this year, and it wasnt the first hard cold spell. my other one did not do it. It doesnt bother me that it does it. I just think its connected to all the other problems im having.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only a puff of white smoke at start up when its below 20deg. I use WIX filters, changed every time i change my oil.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
With what you're saying then you shouldn't have any problems. But if it starts to smoke more often and on warm starts then start looking harder

1 - 16 of 16 Posts