Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Reconnaissance Expert
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CEL came on but dispayed no codes through the dash or bullydog or star scan. I have almost 20 thousand miles and have had only 1 other CEL for crank shaft position sensor. Anybody have any ideas?

· Registered
16 Posts
Don't know if this helps

On my 2003 when the Fuel Control Actuator quit it sent no codes, but did light the check engine light. Don't know if your 2008 has such a thing. It's on the back side of the injector pump.

Keebee

· Registered
132 Posts
Last night on the way home..."DING". I look down and see my yellow CEL on the dash! Been waitin for some time on it now. It has been about 3000 miles since I had the system cleaned for P2262. I have tried a dozen times since last night to read the codes on the dash, but all I get is "dOne".

It's no mystery what it is for me. My exhaust brake isn't working for &*(% right now...

· Registered
15,315 Posts
Are you sure it isn't the change oil message that is causing the ding?

· Registered
132 Posts
The yellow "engine" lit up on my dash. I think this warning system is completely seperate from the over-head system.

Anyway, I did check my overhead for system warnings, and it said "SYSTEM OK", so for me, it was not due to an oil-change-required.

· Registered
178 Posts
Mine does the same thing. DPF and EGR delete and all i get when i check the codes is "DONE". I'm not running a programmer so I'm sure I should be getting something. It was doing this a few months before the deletes, witch I just done two weeks ago. Ive had the truck for a year now and never had a problem seeing the codes until some time in late May or early June. And believe me, Ive seen the CEL several times (about 80% of the time I've had the truck, No joke) Don't know if a flash had something to do with it or not. I have no idea what flash I have either. Any thoughts?

· Premium Member
712 Posts
My CEL came on but dispayed no codes through the dash or bullydog or star scan. I have almost 20 thousand miles and have had only 1 other CEL for crank shaft position sensor. Anybody have any ideas?
I had that happen once.

Just erase it and shut off the ignition switch and turn back on and start it.

It will go away.

When I got it I did not wait long enough for the Edge.:thumbsup

· Registered
42 Posts
Nice. My truck now only has 600 miles on it. What happened today? Damn CEL came on. Checked for codes and "done" is all I got and "system ok." I think sometime this week I'm going to reak havoc on the service department when I go pick up my license plates. 600 miles is a little rediculous if you ask me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.