Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

341 - 360 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I think all of us are just waiting for someone to use a 4L inline-4 diesel in a new mid size pickup. That's all we want.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: QMFB

·
3 footin' through life
12,341 Posts
Yeah a 4bt ranger would be awesome. Actually the really old rangers do come with a Mazda Diesel engine. Some were in the states,very hard to find..

These new rangers really are the perfect little truck. They are very comfortable, great ride, and for me no need for a big diesel unless you are hauling loads.. Broaner I think you have seen how narrow our streets are. Imagine taking the dodge through them.

Check out the size difference compared to the dodge..
Oh yes I've seen the streets. Hilarious for big vehicles especially on the island. I will never forget seeing a full size dump truck barrel down the crowded streets of San Pedro. He gave zero fawks. If you were in his way you better fix that quick or catch a bumper across the hood.

·
Fastest Welder in Texas
3,604 Posts
Reactions: BZ2500

·
Fastest Welder in Texas
3,604 Posts
Nice shop by the way. Living my dream, lol 😂

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Yes it will.... And good to hear from you again BZ ! 👍
Thanks for confirming.. Glad to see your truck is up and running again. I’m heading to Houston today, maybe this time I’ll get a chance to stop by your place..

·
3 footin' through life
12,341 Posts
Hot damn! Awesome to see a shop like that down in your neck of the woods!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Been a while since I updated this.. Been quite busy the last few months.

Got the truck running again, engine is all stock, but still running the big tune and I’m really liking the low end power I have with the stock turbo. Only have 300 miles so far but no movement on the crank and I haven’t been easy on it at all. Lets hope it stays that way. The only changes were that I removed the seal on the stator support and went back with my old bigger cooler lines. I’m only running my aux cooler so it’s a quick loop I have there, downside is that the trans over heats in stop and go traffic. I changed my oil pump on the engine and that gear train noise is gone.

If all goes well the 6.7 will go in with the compounds and big injectors by December.

QMFB I was in your neck of the woods in August.. was gonna stop in but didn’t think it would be good to drop by with my convoy of 11 vehicles we drove down to Belize..

&

·
Fastest Welder in Texas
3,604 Posts
You would be welcome anytime brother.

Reactions: commtrd and BZ2500

·
3 footin' through life
12,341 Posts
Glad to hear you are getting it sorted out. Weird that the oil pump was making noise.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
Well, this will be the last update on my truck.. Thrust went out again, have this truck 11 years and it was great but I can’t keep throwing money at it. Either gonna sell it as is or strip all my good parts and sell it as a stock truck. simply don’t have the time to be tinkering and getting 10mpg wasn’t helping.

So I did a thing and just got back from Texas with my 18 lonestar. Truck is pretty sweet haven’t deleted it yet, but according to the gauge I was getting about 15mpg through Mexico, and that was me pulling a suv behind me and climbing mountains and stuff. Gonna delete later on and keep it reliable.. I’m impressed with the power so far, with all my luck with mechanical I just might leave it alone for a while..

·
Fastest Welder in Texas
3,604 Posts
Thrust AGAIN ?
Dang man... That's terrible. Sorry about the luck brother.
But congrats on the 2018 ! 👍

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Thrust AGAIN? I’d like to know what changed that it keeps happening. Hope you make out okay on that truck and the new one treats you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Thanks guys.. hoping the 18 treats me better!

The only change I did to the 03 engine was change pistons to the 04.5 bowl and switched from the saddle jet to J jet oiling. The last time around I even cut some groves so that the thrust can get more oil on the side that was always breaking. Planning on pulling the engine and going back to the original bowl style, saddle jets, put trans back to stock and sell the truck.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
Hi guys just an update on the 03. Pulled the engine and tore it down again, like the 4th time now? I’ve lost count. Just wanted to show how the thrust looks.. was at the bottom of the oil pan. I just wish I knew what can cause this.

And here’s the final resting place of the 03.. probably just end up selling it.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Horrible luck, someone out there knows why that keeps happening I'm sure. Does anyone make a needle bearing for it? I know they do that for the trans to improve reliability.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Only thing coming to mind in my peanut brain is are you replacing just the one bearing instead of all new ones, and two what is your clearance or did you check that after assembled? Plasti gage, or mic it to make sure you have the right end play? If you only replace one, and the others are worn you will still have a crank that walks around.

·
3 footin' through life
12,341 Posts
you sent the converter to get checked right? But not a new converter? I recently saw another similar situation but it was in duramax. Converter ballooning was the cause.

341 - 360 of 376 Posts